Friday, November 5, 2010

lux et veritas, I

I never got around to having the scary movie marathon I planned for Halloween. Instead, I contented myself to watching the two TV shows that I religiously follow – Glee and Supernatural. The Rocky Horror Glee Show was a big dud. There was a serious lack of Sam Evans and Santana. On the other hand, the latter's sixth episode revolved around the subject of truth which made for a particularly interesting subject.

Veritas, the Roman goddess of truth, was set loose in a town called Springfield. Her victims are those who sought honest answers to their queries and boy do they get it. The truth is slapped in their faces. Hard. Unfortunately, these poor souls can't handle the truth so they end up being food for the goddess. "The tongue is the most delicious part," the monster of the week said before taking a bite off the tongue she's holding. "It's where all the lies roll off," she added.

In as much as lies make for a flavorful tongue, they hurt but the truth, most likely, hurts far worse.

Understandably, it takes a whole lot of bravery, maturity and strength of character for one to handle the truth; it also takes a whole lot of those three capped by selflessness for one to speak it.

No wonder truth is so elusive.

So when a friend solicited my advice on how to clean up a mess that he got himself into, I told him, "There's nothing difficult in telling the truth. It's the hiding that makes it complicated and hard." Not to sound too preachy but it's true. Truth is the only way to a complete and genuine repose.

In other news, Dean beats up his brother, in a non-sexy way of course. It was revealed that since he came back from hell, Sam Winchester has been a boy without a heart. To do what needs to be done, he would lie and use anyone, even the people who matter. Hence, the smack down courtesy of his older brother.

I can't say I didn't see that one coming; foresight doesn't make it any less saddening though.

Sam's my favorite Winchester.

1 comment:

lazy john said...

ayoko ke sam!! mas sexy si dean hahaha mema lang...