Every year, for the last seven years I started to make a yearend list of the songs that got played the most on my pc (or stereo). Thanks to iTunes, the process became easier because of the play count information (the Windows Media Player also has that function but I seldom use WMP because its library sucks).
2007 is not as exciting as the previous years. Notable events (in the mainstream music) include Jordin Sparks winning the sixth season of American Idol (it's the third consecutive year that my bet has won the title, not that anyone cares), Britney's mention-worthy performance at the MTV Video Music Awards and the release of her highly-anticipated comeback album, the Spice Girls' reunion (yipee... come on, they did make good, real pop music), Justin Timberlake, Fergie and Carrie Underwood's continuous reign at the top of various charts, Avril's pink highlights (poser!), Leona Lewis (man, she is definitely the next best thing!) and of course, the gazillion versions of Umbrella. Ella. Ella. Ella.
Eh. Eh. Eh.
(Darn hook.)
Anyway, off to the list. I came up with a hundred songs but I'll just post the top thirty. I generally prefer pop so I believe there won't be any alternative/rock type of songs on the first thirty songs. I really don't monitor the genre of the song that I listen to. As long as it sounds good, it will be played over and over again.
(It feels like I have bared my soul to everyone after I publish these series of posts.)
*******
30. ADDICTED TO YOU / Anthony Callea
Sounds good. Looks good. Dresses impeccably. Stylish hair (before). Of course he is gay! Anyway, love the song. And the video as well.
29. CANDYMAN / Christina Aguilera
This song suffers from too much horns and too much of Aguilera's caterwauling. It's so campy that it's good.
28. OVER IT / Katharine McPhee
I never liked Katharine McPhee (that's the only reason I rooted for Taylor Hicks).
27. I LOST YOU/DANGEROUS / Katharine McPhee
But this list includes a couple of her not-so-great-but-they're-okay songs.
26. THE WAY I ARE / Timbaland feat. DOE, Keri Hilson and Sebastian
Keri Hilson rocks! That's it.
25. GIMME MORE / Britney Spears
It's Britney, bitch! Oh yeah!
24. UMBRELLA / Rihanna feat. Jay-Z
I'm sorry but I really find this song ridiculous (yes, especially the title). Admittedly, it is perhaps the catchiest song of the year.
23. REAL GIRL / Mutya Buena
Sampling Lenny Kravitz's "It Ain't Over 'Til It's Over" - fantastic. Leaving Sugababes - not so.
22. LOVE STORY / Katharine McPhee
Ooh. There she goes again. But, I have to say that she looks hot in this video. Move over Beyonce!
21. UMBRELLA / Mandy Moore
Just when we thought that we had enough versions (more than what we need to hear), Moore decided to make it her own - transforming the pop tune into the folk-acoustic gem which, in my opinion, is far better than the original.
TO BE CONTINUED.
No comments:
Post a Comment