Tuesday, June 9, 2009

magic, time travel, the works, pt. I

"Punta ka dito, samahan mo ako," he said over the phone.

I could, should have said no but I didn't. There was a heavy downpour outside. While logic dictates that I should just stay in, I found myself reaching for my jacket and heading out. Halfway through the gate, the King texted:

"Lakas ng ulan! Kulog kidlat the works! OH EM GEE! Halaaaaaaaaa stranded na ako dito sa Starbucks Jungle."

I replied, "Wait lang. Patilain ko yung rain. Paalis na din ako sana eh. Wala kang dalang payong no?"

I hurried out and boarded the first jeepney that came my way.

"Meron. Hehe. Kaso lavender. Hahahaha," he said.

Not more than three minutes after, I arrived at the mall. I went straight to the grocery and searched the junk food racks for a Kettle chips. I wanted to bring some and I, initially, refused to buy at Starbucks since they sell the same for a very hefty price.

"I'm here just buying some stuff. Hehe," I informed the King after which I found out that they don't have it on stock. Saddened, I opted for a bucket of fries from KFC instead.

"Where there? Haha. I'm craving for inasaaaaaaaal!!!"

"Ala naman inasal dito sa Power Plant ah :P," I texted him while waiting for my order to be served.

A few minutes later, the King replied, "Hahaha. Yup. I know. Di na ako magdi-dinner because of that. I want to try out White's suggestion, JT Manukan. I'll look for it tomorrow. Hihihi."

"Aw. Kain you," I said while crossing the street that separates the Jungle from the mall.

"Hehehe. Busog pa me. I ate lunch sa Grams around 4 PM eh. :P Kumain ka na ba?"

Yep, I already had dinner. I didn't bother replying for I was already there. "Hello," I warmly greeted the King as I walked towards his table.

"Ayan...," he smiled and took a break from his review for the usual catch up. After a few minutes of chatter, he went back to his study notes while I brought out my book, the same book which I have been trying to finish for over fourteen days now, and attempted to cover at least a chapter.

TO BE CONTINUED.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eeek! You exposed my lavender umbrella!

MakMak said...

@thesunbakedking: This ain't fiction. :P