[PLAY]
GRACE: Hey, what are you doing?[PAUSE]
WILL: All my plants died. I told Jack to water them while I was away. But I can see how he might hear that as "fill up my hard drive with Internet porn."
GRACE: What's the matter? Why are you pouting?
WILL: I'm not pouting.
GRACE: Hey, I watch "Ally McBeal." I know what pouting looks like. You're pouting.
WILL: I heard you and Jack in your apartment last night.
GRACE: What? Oh... So now you're worried that Jack's my new you?
WILL: Ha! I don't... maybe...
GRACE: Oh, my God. Could you be any cuter?
WILL: Grace!
GRACE: Oh, I'm sorry. I just love not being the insecure wreck for once.
WILL: My feelings aren't cute, ok? I'm not the youngest brother on "Eight is Enough." How can you like Jack better than me?
GRACE: Are kidding me with this? We've been best friends for 15 years. Do you really need me to tell you how much you mean to me?
WILL: I do it for you like every 5 minutes.
GRACE: No, you don't!
WILL: Grace, I have to talk you off a ledge every time the Starbucks lady gives me extra foam!
GRACE: Well, clearly there's something going on there. I mean, the two of you have your own language.
WILL: Grace, it's called a macchiato.
GRACE: All right. What do you want me to say?
WILL: I don't know! How about something like... Like you need me more than anybody else... There's no one that could ever take my place... And then that, you know, you promise when your last breath escapes you in this earthly life, it will whisper my name. [Whispers.] Will... But, you know, in your own words.
GRACE: What does this say to you? [Grace holds up her elbow to Will's face.]
WILL: That you're out of Skin-So-Soft?
GRACE: The scar, Will. Remember?
WILL: Oh, right. That's from when your sister was sleepwalking and thought you were a salami.
GRACE: That's on my thigh.
WILL: Right.
GRACE: No. This scar is from junior year when Scott Kelly dumped you. Remember? I jumped on my moped, ran over to your dorm, hit a patch of ice, and flew into that stupid men's singing group.
WILL: Right. The A Cappellicans. God, they sucked.
GRACE: The point is... My love for you is like this scar... Ugly but permanent. So as long as this is on my elbow, you've got nothing to worry about.
WILL: Ok.
GRACE: And you know what else?
WILL: What? [Grace smacks the back of Will's head.] Ow! What?! What'd you do that for?!
GRACE: Don't you ever leave for three months without telling me.
WILL: Sorry.
"Oh my God," I told myself. This is it!
Because sometimes, it's hard to verbalize emotions, the universe, by some random act, provided me a means of explaining it in a clearer way.
Emotions are our natural reactions to life's circumstances. Regardless if we think that what we feel is right or wrong, all emotions remain valid and important. Hence, they should be felt, acknowledged, affirmed, and up to a point, even indulged.
That's what I believe, and this is how I am:
I am seloso, sometimes, and I make tampo, sometimes. I am not unreasonable so there's always a ground for me to feel that way. In case there's none, both feelings remain valid. Well, at least to me anyway.
So let me; at least once in a while, allow me to be the insecure one.
And just like what Grace did, humor me.
8 comments:
i lurrrve will and grace... hehehe
I was reading the text and I'm lauging so hard... I miss that show...
and who are you jealous of? or is that in general?
i mizz will and grace!
I always like your references to pop culture when you write something. For this Personal theme, I have to quote the line of Grace: "The point is... My love for you is like this scar... Ugly but permanent. So as long as this is on my elbow, you've got nothing to worry about." I think these words summarize it all. I envy you...you know what I mean. :)
Friendship is like a comedy.
OT: I also hope others can get it...and see what's essential. :)
ditto! i can relate!!! will and grace rocks!
I love this too, though I have only a few seasons in my collection... I have seen this scene, and agreed that love is ugly and permanent.
Still, my favorite scenes are those of Karen and the bartender Smitty.
tales from 155 riverside: new mak city: amen!!! =)
sorry naghang yung computer ko. not sure if my last comment stuck. i'll try to reword it.
i love will and grace! i remember this scene well. sometimes we just need to be the 'insecure one.' ang hirap kaya maging strong all the time. haay... i miss my best friend. :c
Post a Comment