More than two years ago, I came upon a truth that would alter my perception on all things love. It goes, "Do what you love and you will find someone who loves the same things. Don’t look for love, beg for love or suffer for love. Just live." So I did because I badly wanted to meet you.
I've traveled to places near and far hoping that you're out there having an adventure similar to mine – island-hopping in the far south, or trekking the terrains up north. I rode buses and railway transits as well thinking that you're among the travelers who yearn for home. I splurged on books wishing that we'll bump into each other on a bookstore's blind corner. You'll say sorry. I'll say it's okay. We'll look into each other's eyes. Sparks will fly, and we'll live happily ever after. That's one of my fairytales, of course. Another involves you on a white horse but Taylor Swift beat me to it. I regularly went to Church. I enrolled at the gym. I frequently hung out with friends. I lived in the fullest way possible. All these I did at the off-chance that you were also there, engrossed on the same thing; you'll see me and then you'll realize that I exist outside of your dreams.
Also, I write and although I mostly do it for myself, I do write for you as well. So maybe you'll see me through it. After all, writing's what I do best. It's what I think I do best. You'll read of things that I want to tell you about – who I am, who I hope you are, what I'm afraid of, what makes me love you and what I want to build with you. It's not outside the norm, anyway. I too have fallen for an idea once, in another lifetime. It didn't work out because it's supposed to work between you and I. It is meant to work for us. I know, and I know that you know that too. On these pages I have etched my honest truths. It is a witness to the endless nights and summers of my life, something that I'm looking forward to telling you in person. I bleed and you'll feel the pain. You'll sympathize when I cry. You'll laugh when I tell a joke. You'll marvel at how witty I can be. You will find it all interesting enough to want to get to know the person behind the words. Don't worry; I think I am as endearingly charming in real life as I am on paper.
The funny thing is that I have no idea who you are but I know you're out there trying to make your way to me. It has been said that when you want things bad enough, the universe will conspire to make it a reality. So let me be the one to say that I have faith that our paths are bound to cross soon. You're almost here. I can feel it. There's no rush. Take your time. I'll be waiting. What's one more day, when I have waited for forever for you?
15 comments:
kaya ako fave ko pumunta sa CBTL at BK sa Morato :-) Baka andun siya :-)
ehem. love team. hahaha :P
..and he will come. =)
I've written something similar. I'm a planner like that:
http://www.outednarnian.com/2009/12/open-letter-to-my-next.html
That was last year, and when i reread the post, i suddenly remembered the feeling while i was writing it. I think the world isn't selfish. we just need to be open to its generosity.
So have you actually bumped into any strangers yet? And does it count if you do it on purpose? :P
andyan lang sya mark. you'll see.
this is my favorite post of yours.
made me smile.
kaya sama ka na sakin magsimba. :)
this one is nice... super like... if only venus has gotten your talent with words... stay positive makmak...;p
@jbinx: Oo, ikaw nga ginagaya ko eh. :)
@darc diarist: Ayaw ko ng magtanong baka ma-"che" pa ako. Haha. :)
@paci: Yes, he will.
@narnian: It's not. It's a tease sometimes though. :)
@drew: I don't do it on purpose! (Defensive mode) Haha. And yes, surprisingly I have! (You should know, I made kwento na sa'yo di ba?)
@engel: I know, Engel. Thanks! :)
@mark: Haha. :) Thanks, Lazy John. Somebody said, "The person who makes you laugh is more beautiful than the most beautiful people in the world." So I guess I'm more beautiful than Venus in someone else's eyes. Hahaha. :P Walang connect?! :)
@mark: hmmm disoriented much?? hindi kaya mark ang pangalan ko at yes nakonek ko yung sinabi mo hahaha =P
makmak. andiyan lang siya. =)
the universe will conspire for us. i'm sure of that =)
@lazy john: Sorry naman po. I think I'm indeed disoriented. Ganyan talaga kapag in-love? ;)
@sensei jery: I know. Sometimes, I wish na the universe will consult me on their plans so that everyone will be happy.
one of your best entry, i would say.
writing you said is what you do best...i totally agree.
God i guess is still busy preparing the best love story for you.. wait pa konti. hehe.
@t2: Thanks, T2. As always. :)
Sana... In the meantime, I'll get myself ready.
Post a Comment