Tuesday, October 5, 2010

everything leaves a mark

I got it from playing tumbang preso. My playmate aimlessly threw the can, and I caught it not with my hands but with my forehead, unfortunately. I saw stars, no shit, but I thought it was nothing. I found it borderline comic even. It was only when I felt something warm trickling down the side of my face did I panic. I ran straight home and quickly threw myself under the shower. The searing pain, the metallic smell of blood, and the tainted puddle of water on my feet - it remains so vivid in my head, like it happened not a day ago but it has been over a decade now.

Your tired fingers, ever so gently, traced the skin an inch above my eyebrow, over my scar. You won't really notice it unless you look close enough. Your words softly echoed in my head like it was just yesterday but it was yesterday when you left.

4 comments:

engel said...

some scars disappear over time. :)

citybuoy said...

the contrast took my breath away. made me run my hands over my own scars. is he coming back?

JC said...

I feel for you. after this post, a tumbang preso can is no longer the same because it will remind me of playmate i lost.

MakMak said...

@engel: And some are forever.

@citybuoy: That's for another story. :)

@pepe: It's always like that, huh? Things are never the same after... Sigh. Anyway, thanks for dropping by. Appreciate it!