At an hour when most people would rather be outside celebrating the night's festivity, I am in my bed with August, the BlackBerry in my hand, reading a message that I received yesterday. I have gone through it for countless times that when I close my eyes, and listen closely, I hear a once-familiar voice whisper word after word. So I try not to.
(A loud crackle prompted me to stare out the window, and yet again, I hear the night wind sing of our lonesome lullaby.)
Memories are forever but for tonight I want them like a string of lights amidst the spectacle of fireworks. Lost, but not forgotten.
*******
Should old acquiantance be forgot and never brought to mind?
- Mariah Carey, Auld Lang Syne (New Year's Anthem)
3 comments:
But there are other ways of looking at the same thing. If I remember, the song said
"We'll take a cup o' kindness yet, For auld lang syne (old time's sakes)."
Kane
We will always remember, of course.
.
.
But where to stand with that memory at hand is all but up to you.
.
.
Happy New Year Mak.
*hugs*
Post a Comment