It wasn't an unusual occurrence, on the contrary it happened so often that it became my way of life for quite some time. Shopping. Watching movies. Hanging out at a coffee shop. I did all of those things by myself. And for the most part, I was imperfectly happy being alone.
However, some days are lonelier than others. Occasionally, I would give in and wish that I had someone with whom I could spend the entire day with - hanging out, sharing thoughts, and laughing at inside jokes among other things.
Striker and Gracie. Jen, Jela and Bom. B. I have several sets of really, really good friends but there are just things that I don't feel comfortable telling them. I would like to believe that they know me better than I know myself at times but I don't think they'd fully understand.
But I don't want to wallow in self-pity. Not today. Not after the fun that I've had these past few days. And when I say fun, I mean FUN in the purest, and most genuine sense of the word. The kind that doesn't need an effort. The kind that leaves an inner smile.
Remembering that is enough for me to feel good but I guess a short walk won't hurt. Besides, I need to clear my head as I badly need an idea. So geared with my iPod, I headed out.
Take my hand, take a breath
Here we go again.
Pull me close and take one step
Sigh.
Keep your eyes locked to mine,
And let the music be your guide
Won't you promise me (now won't you promise me, that you'll never forget)
We'll keep dancing (to keep dancing) wherever we go next
And let the music be your guide
Won't you promise me (now won't you promise me, that you'll never forget)
We'll keep dancing (to keep dancing) wherever we go next
And...
It's like catching lightning the chances of finding someone like you
I'm in heaven once more.
It's one in a million, the chances of feeling the way we do
And with every step together, we just keep on getting better
So can I have this dance (can I have this dance)
Can I have this dance
And with every step together, we just keep on getting better
So can I have this dance (can I have this dance)
Can I have this dance
Walking feels like dancing, with every step perfectly timed to the 1, 2, 3 rhythm. But I'm not walking. Rather, I am floating, twirling and constantly turning with... someone.
Take my hand, I'll take the lead
And every turn will be safe with me
Don't be afraid, afraid to fall
You know I'll catch you through it all
And you can't keep us apart (even a thousand miles, can't keep us apart)
'Cause my heart is (cause my heart is) wherever you are
And every turn will be safe with me
Don't be afraid, afraid to fall
You know I'll catch you through it all
And you can't keep us apart (even a thousand miles, can't keep us apart)
'Cause my heart is (cause my heart is) wherever you are
At one point or another, every person have thought about dancing. Every person have thought about dancing with that special someone. I do. I have spent years listing the qualities that I wanted. Heck, even my friends added some traits on that list. But for the longest time, that list only made me feel like I'm missing a big chunk of my life - like I am the unluckiest person on Earth. It had been so easy for the others; as if there had been next to no effort involved. How come I can't seem to find a decent dance partner? Of course it was absurdity at its best.
Now I know better.
Oh no mountains too high enough, oceans too wide
'Cause together or not, our dance won't stop
Let it rain, let it pour
What we have is worth fighting for
You know I believe, that we were meant to be
'Cause together or not, our dance won't stop
Let it rain, let it pour
What we have is worth fighting for
You know I believe, that we were meant to be
Catching lightning is not impossible. It seldom happens but it does happen. More than believing, I guess that one should be in the right place at the right time. But until that moment comes, I will be relatively content sharing the song with Gabriella. Or Troy.
Anyone can join me of course.Just contact my people, they'll know what to do.
*******
POSTSCRIPT. I intended to have a different ending to this but I think I'd save it for some other entry. But do let me know if you want to know about it. I might change my mind and post it anyway. Haha.
2 comments:
what happened? hehe this post is amusing. i love how it flows like train of thought.
@someone who is a shitload smarter than you: I like your name. Hahaha. :P
Thanks for the comment. What happened? Hmmm. Di ko pa rin alam. Update ko kayo ha. Haha.
Post a Comment