LOVE SEX MAGICCiara feat. Justin Timberlake
Fantasy Ride
... and I bet that I can make ya believe in love and sex and magic...
After two failed attempts to ignite mainstream hype on her new record, Ciara crosses over to pop with Love Sex Magic, her third single, which features the resident golden boy Justin Timberlake. The latter's involvement in the production is evident on the song's beat which echoes his earlier hit, Rock Your Body. The retro funk feel of the melody may be a bit tired for today's radio but surprisingly, the vocal tandem of Ciara and Timberlake has enough magic to make this a hit just in time for her album's release this April.
UNSTOPPABLEKat DeLuna feat. Lil' Wayne
Unstoppable
... I'm the leader of the crowd and my game is really slick...
On the other hand, Kat DeLuna, known for her 2007 smash hit Whine Up, returns to the airwaves incorporating a Lady Gaga-esque sound to her new single, Unstoppable. Once again, RedOne lays the groundwork on a rock tune, blending it nicely with the auto-tuned voices of Kat DeLuna and guest rapper Lil' Wayne. Her smooth, strong delivery greatly contrast the featured artist's lighter yet rougher lines. Unstoppable has the makings of a chart topper and given the proper promotion, it could be what DeLuna needs to get the attention she deserves.
JAI HO! (YOU ARE MY DESTINY)The Pussycat Dolls feat. A. R. Rahman
Doll Domination 2.0
... you're gonna find out baby, I'm one in a million...
The idea of Nicole Scherzinger and her glorified back-up dancers reinterpreting the award-winning song, Jai Ho, with no less than its original composer A. R. Rahman, would certainly be the subject of mockery and ridicule under normal circumstances. However by stroke of luck, the unlikely collaboration not only managed to pull it off but they might have scored the single, most relevant track of the year. The clever use of the catch phrase as the song's hook mixed with the Dolls' ultra-catchy commercial sound produced a song that may propel Queen Doll Scherzinger to the spotlight she has long coveted.
6 comments:
i don't know if it's the inner Slumdog fanboy in me, but i find the song Jai Ho really catchy...
jai ho is so strange. it took me some time to get used to it. but it's nice. hehe
re:ciara, i saw the video for never ever. i've never been a fan of ciara but it was pretty cool. it was a remix of this old harold melvin song.
Jai Ho! :-) I heart the Pussies..Pero tama ka di ganun ka ok ung video.I'm expecting a big Bollywood production..
@gillboard: You don't have to be a Slumdog fan to know that Scherzinger indeed made the song so freaking catchy. :) Loveitloveitloveit!
@:: cb::: Oh, believe me. You'll love Jai Ho! I don't know anybody who doesn't. :P
Ciara's not the best singer in the world but I'll take her over Rihanna any day. Never Ever is alright but I think it's filler material.
@jbinx: I was so looking forward to a big dance production from the Dolls only to find out that the video was, well, that. :(
Post a Comment