THE FINALE
Basically, it's Kris Allen through and through. It's not because I don't like Adam Lambert, though it's a big part of it, but I can actually see the former as being more marketable and commercial. Not only does he have the whole package, but the music that he makes is relevant and that's the key to longevity in the industry. It's not about achieving multi-platinum records or performing on sold-out concerts. It's about making music that matter, music that last. Lambert will be gone in sixty seconds. Kris Allen is here to stay.
Kris Allen, you better deliver.

ROUND ONE: CONTESTANT'S CHOICE
KRIS ALLEN / Ain't No Sunshine. To see Kris Allen behind a grand piano, to hear him sing his heart out, to hear the band bring out the grandeur of the composition, and to feel his effort to glide through those high notes and deliver an impeccable vocal performance - it was all majestic. I remember writing that there could only be one true moment on Idol each season. Well, Kris Allen managed to make at least ten; twice with this song.
ADAM LAMBERT / Mad World. Lambert chose his Year of Birth song, Mad World, as his encore for the finale. I didn't quite get it the first time so I expected nothing from this performance. And I was right, I still don't get the hype. Don't get me wrong. It was good but it's nowhere near awesome. In fact, it was a bit boring.
ROUND TWO: PRODUCER'S CHOICE
ADAM LAMBERT / A Change Is Gonna Come. Alright, so listen - Lambert can actually sing. If you listen past all that wailing, he can actually blow. Technically, it was really good! I have to say that it was his best performance ever; regardless if I felt it emotionally vacuous.
KRIS ALLEN / What's Going On?. It was reminiscent of every Jason Castro performance, and that's NOT a good thing. But there's only so much you can do with a classic such as this song without totally ruining it.
ROUND THREE: CORONATION SONG: NO BOUNDARIES
KRIS ALLEN. Kris Allen messes up his performance, and remains adorable while doing so.
ADAM LAMBERT. I don't know if it's his way of waving the white flag but it was all over the place. I'm not taking it against the song because Idol songs, though cheesy, are actually good [contest] pieces. Lambert's voice was so shrill to actually fit No Boundaries, or any mainstream pop composition, especially if he will insist on screeching.
6 comments:
The best thing is Kris Allen won!!! :)
Finally I won't hear Lambert's shrieking anymore!!!
the fanalo...
hahaha!
oks naman sila pareho. sana mas oks ang next season?
@white: Yes, he won! Isn't it great? :-)
@gillboard: IKR! Hahaha. Pero wait till he releases an album this winter. :P
@ced: Yuz. Haha. Wait. Lambert's not OK. He's a ********.... (ala Janis from Mean Girls). :P
Post a Comment