THE TOP THREE

KRIS ALLEN
Apologize. First off, there's no other way to sing Apologize. It's the kind of song that somehow forces you to stick with its melody through and through so I don't understand Kara DioGuardi's comment. To think that she chose this song for him - it's stupid to lambast your own, fool. Kris Allen's voice is a bit weak for this rock ballad. DioGuardi should've considered that. As for the performance, it reminded me of Jesse McCartney's take. Meanwhile, watching Kris Allen struggle to hit those high notes and ultimately succeed was delightful. But like what Paula Abdul said, he did miss one. Overall though, he did fine. Nothing spectacular but that was already expected based on the poor song choice alone.
Heartless. Oh. My. God. I. Am. Squealing. Hands down, the best of the season. If only it had a dash of Lambert's stage lighting, it would've been this season's moment. I will cut anyone who disagrees.
ADAM LAMBERT
One. It takes a while for this song to build up so it felt like Lambert rushed through it. It wasn't his fault though. I take it back, it was since he's supposed to be the one doing all the arranging and stuff. Anyway, the beginning promised awesomeness. For the very first time this season, I was ready to be blown away by Lambert. And then he ruined it. Don't ask me how. You already know. With that, I think it was one of his weaker performances to date.
Cryin'. I like Cryin' and I think Lambert would've nailed this one if it weren't for three things - 1) the horrendous back vocals which drowned his own voice, 2) his dramatics, how he contorts his face while he sings is just awful and 3) I don't have a third one. I just don't like him.
DANNY GOKEY
Dance Little Sister. I don't know whether it was the dancing, or the stupid song choice, or the desperation in DeadWife Gokey's performance that put me off. Well, at least he can put the blame on Paula Abdul if ever he gets eliminated this week.
You Are So Beautiful. Vocally, it was superb. It started out roughly and then it got better towards the end. It was short of being glorious though. What I don't get is why he had to change the arrangement. It was weird.
8 comments:
Three things:
1. I like Kara with her sensible comments but not this time with Kris's Apologize. She's like apologizing for her own song choice! After that comment, she's out of my life.
2. I agree with you - Kris's Heartless is by far the best performance in this season. Having said that, he is the American Idol. A rap song overturned to become melodious, easy listening tune? No one can top that. And with only an acoustic guitar on a big stage, that was fearless! Bare vocals but pure and inventive.
3. I could not make anything out of the performances of Danny. Really. It's like just a notch higher than his SCREAM ON, err Dream On.
i had my money on adam but after seeing kris' heartless... wow.
I hate lambert, but I love Cryin'. Pero sana si Lambert na matanggal mamaya.
hmmm... i want kris but id go with adam!
@white: IA! What Kara said about Apologize was ridiculous. It was her choice in the first place.
Kris Allen FTW!
Danny Gokey should just fade to oblivion. :P Haha.
@:: cb ::: Don't bet anything on Adam! Hahaha. :P
@gillboard: I love the song as well. Isa siya sa faves ko. :) Although na-murder ni Lambert. Wah!
@wanderingcommuter: I like Kris, so I'll go with him. Hahaha ;)
Post a Comment