In our four-hour stay at the cafe, the King and I managed to discuss the last episode of the television special, Breaking the Magician's Code. I've seen the first few installments but not the most recent one as I only turn the set on to play video games, or to watch movies. Anyway, with much zest, he explained this one trick that the Masked Magician pulled off which involved pipes. Through the tiny space between the two huge pipes, one laid on top of the other, the Masked Magician was to slip from one end and emerge from the other side. The King explained this through an illustration on a tissue paper.
Similar to what he did when we tried to scrutinize the nitty gritty rules of time travel;
[1] The timeline; [2] Branching out of alternate realities; [3] The concept of time travel as per the show, Sliders; [4] Wormholes.
and when he summarized the entire Dark Tower series by Stephen King.
[1] The Dark Tower being supported by the Beams; [2] The Dark Tower, the axle on which all the worlds spin; [3] Various versions of Earth which Roland Deschain, the gunslinger, crossed while on a quest to reach the Dark Tower ; [4] The seven books explained.
Admittedly, it was a lot more fun to discuss these kind of things than say, how pretty Vanessa Hudgens is, which I quoted earlier that night. It was refreshing because it was unconventional.
By thirty past ten, the King went back to his review materials, "May pasok ka pa bukas. Tapusin ko na lang itong isang chapter."
I was left feeling guilty that our chat ate a lot more than the usual time alloted for study breaks.
"Sige lang," I said.
TO BE CONTINUED.
4 comments:
nice story. :)
love,
nobe
www.deariago.com
www.iamnobe.wordpress.com
The diagrams look good here. Wowness. Thanks for the number labels! Very helpful for those who accidentally stumble upon this site by searching key words like "time travel" or "Dark Tower."
And I love this line: Because learned men can talk about anything, like American Idol or Hannah Montana, without the need to feel embarrassed or conscious about it.
Total WORD.
@iagosmom: Thanks! :-)
@thesunbakedking: I know! Without those labels, my readers would be at a loss. :-)
Yup. Cheers to the Cyruses and Jonases of the world. :-)
Post a Comment