Saturday, November 14, 2009

like a glass

The heart will only spill what it contains, and it can only contain so much.

I have had better weeks than this. One stress-inducing office-related issue piled on top of another. Growing interpersonal rifts. Feeling like a fool. The quiet storm brewing at the home front. Suffered from alienation. Friday night mishaps. My teeth hurt like hell, and my ego bruised. 2012.

The one person whom I would normally run and rant to at times like this is gone. For the moment. So here I am, carrying all these weight on my own.

Then Archie played Laura Pausini's "I Need Love", and before the opening verse ended, I found myself breaking down. For the first time in a very, very long time, I cried.

I have had better weeks than this

*******

The kind that makes you feel too much.
- Laura Pausini, I Need Love

18 comments:

glentot said...

Aww... There's always the next week, which could be worse...? Hehe j/k.

engel said...

you didn't show up yesterday. sayang, i was there. =)

Anonymous said...

Give me a call, I'll give you a hug and let's see how I can be of help. :)

Anonymous said...

ei Mak, iiyak mo lang 'yan
dito lang ako if you need someone to talk to

Mac Callister said...

oh...

hope everything turns out okay for you...

MakMak said...

@glentot: I know! =) That's why I can't wait for 2009 to be over.

MakMak said...

@engel: I know! =( Sorry, I missed the lunch. I was at the dentist having my braces installed and it took like forever.

MakMak said...

@goodboi: I would have called you if I had your number.

MakMak said...

@xtian1978ii: Thanks Xtian. I really appreciate it. =) Talk to you one of these days...

MakMak said...

@mac callister: I hope so too. Thanks, Mac Callister.

Anonymous said...

I would have given you if you asked. ;)

MakMak said...

@goodboi: Your offer to talk presupposed that I knew your number.

Do you want me to ask it here? Not that I have any other means to do so. =p

Anonymous said...

It was supposedly a friendly gest, man. And there are a lot of ways of responding to it. ;)

Anonymous said...

And if you asked it here, would you want me to give it here?

MakMak said...

@goodboi: Hey don't get me wrong. That friendly gesture was, is still greatly appreciated. For the record, my response to you should have been like this:

"@goodboi: I would have called you if I had your number. =)"

Because I was =)ing when I typed it in.

MakMak said...

@goodboi: If I asked for your number here, I would rather have you give it by e-mail (mine's listed on my profile). Or you can just make a comment and I won't publish it. Lots of ways. =)

And thanks, really, goodboi.

Anonymous said...

Hahaha, the smile didn't make a diff. But it seems you're okay now. =)

Yeah, so many other ways beyond this.

Dr. Jerome said...

never ever ever play L. Pausini's I Need Love when you're depressed! hahaha. i often bawl over that song.