No other gift jumps out as significant next to thoughfulness.
So if I appeared too elated and surprised to see a bottle of my favorite perfume inside the paperbag given to my by my dearest officemate, or while I took out a tripod from the box handed by my bestfriend, or saw the books, the gym gloves, the stuffed toy, some of the things that I'm sure I have mentioned that I wanted, time and again; Or if I appeared too eager to receive a delivered gift that I have to go back to the office and work my charm on the receptionist and the guard to let me in, as I'm wearing shorts and they're not allowed to let anyone in unless they're dressed accordingly, well that, and it is a holiday, and do a quick check if Santa indeed left something for me - if I seem too ecstatic over the material things as I repeatedly boasted of having the best haul this year - forgive me. I'm just really happy. It feels good to be remembered, heard and acknowledged. As I put it in a dialogue with the King, "They like me. They really like me."
For the first time in a very long time, I celebrated this Christmas like a child. And for what it's worth, it was a reassurance that despite the chaos that is 2009, to deserve all these, I must have been a really good boy.
12 comments:
hehe mukhang ang saya saya mo nga Mak
You must have been a good boy!!!
=D
IT MUST BE THE WISHLIST!
And it is an ingenious idea! I'll try my best to come up with a birthday wishlist soon! We'll see if being a good boy has its benefits.
Keep it up!
aaaww...cheers kuya markie!!! so happy to know you are. =)
hehehe good things happen to those who deserve it...cher! ;p
@thecurioscat: Of course, I am! It's the only way to be. =)
@engel: I've always been one! I've just been extra, extra good this year. I think. Haha. =)
@goodboi: Hmmm... There's only one person whom I know "online" who gave me a gift this year. So it's probably not the wish list. =)
Hope you finish yours at least two weeks before THE day. =) Give us time. Haha.
@spanky solomon: You're back! =) Thanks. I'm happy that I am.
It's been a while.
@lazy john: If that's the case, then I deserve the best! Hahaha. Over! Lols. =)
Prolly you're right. I didn't have a wishlist but I got one from a friend online. I wonder how it happened. Oh, it must be the blog!
Don't worry, I will come up with a short list on the first. Let me think hard on it on New Year's eve!
@goodboi: Was it a good one, what you got from your online friend? =)
Are you sure your friend got it from the blog?
Post a Comment