"I'm alive," I said out loud. There remained a slight hint of fear in my voice. I pinched myself and cupped my face to see if I really were in my physical body and it's not just some astral manifestation or whatever.
I remember there was a girl.
The girl was a ghost coming in from the far side of my room. She stood out against the dull palette of my walls. The white shirt that hugged her body nicely set a contrast to the soft curls of her long black hair. She was tall. She was gorgeous. Short to say, she was perfect. Her demeanor commanded attention. Clearly, she was the girl that every man would want to be with. And she was coming for me.
"We have to go," she spoke. Her breathe felt cold against my face. Slowly, I opened my eyes to see her own staring back at me. She was on her toes. Her hands cupped my face. Her forehead against mine. She was indeed beautiful.
"Saint Rich wants to come along," I said in a tone that is flat and grounded. It was an attempt to hide the faint hesitation to break the news to her. Despite her being a stranger, there was a certain familiarity, perhaps in the situation, that what I just said was definitely most unwelcome on her part. She remained silent and I took it as a sign. She was crestfallen and it was evident on her face. Despite this, the girl yielded. Not that her decision would have mattered, anyway.
But I was sleepy so I closed my eyes momentarily. I felt her move. She took my hand, put it between hers and guided it slowly towards her face where my fingers grazed against her lips. Then she took one in. Flicked her tongue. Blew on it. Teasingly nibbled on a digit. I felt it all and yet I remained motionless.
Not until I realized that her gentle nibbles became harder. Teeth cutting through my skin. Fear took over. I panicked! As she was trying to bite my finger off, the best I can do is to pull my hand away from her. In an attempt to look at my aggressor, I tried to open my eyes but it won't budge. Like it was sealed. Or something heavy was lodged onto its lids. This frightened the hell out of me. I yelled but no voice came out. It was a struggle, and mid-way, despite my lack of vision, I saw that the girl morphed into a guy. This time, he was more sinister. He felt evil. And he still had my hand.
I trashed about and accidentally, I turned my head towards a glint of light coming from the upper part of my window. It was then that my eyes were freed of its burden. In a hurry, I opened them.
For real.
I threw my pillow to the side, got up and headed straight towards the kitchen. I filled a glass with water and sat by the table. I think I just had a nightmare on Christmas day. It would've been the worst day to die. Good thing I didn't.
10 comments:
Maybe you really aren't meant to be with a girl. =D
natutulog ka kase ng busog kaya ayan
kakatakot namn
SOP: try to flex your toes with your mind. Works everytime. :)
baka sya yung seksing kontrabida sa xmen hehehe
omg! it's sooo dramatic to die on a Christmas Day or on Valentines Day.
haaa ... i'd wish my death day would be either on the two.
What did you call me?! Hahaha... kidding. I didn't know that there's nightmare during christmas, apart from that of Tim Burton's. Hahaha
@goodboi: Well, Tim Burton was commissioned to do two more movies after the success of TNBC and those are - The Nightmare During Christmas and The Nightmare After Christmas. Haha. =)
Was it you whom I called? You were in my dream?! Haha. =)
@i am beki: Hahaha. Thing is, I don't want to die yet. Not when... whatever. Haha. =)
And, you don't wish for such things dear Beki.
@Chingoy: Hmmm. I think she's more evil and less mutant. Haha.
@tsbk: Just realized that I missed your comment. Haha.
I do remember you talking about it. I shall keep that in mind. Thanks.
Post a Comment