Wednesday, July 7, 2010

ace reject

Truth be told, I've been so empty for the longest time that I no longer know what it's like to feel the warmth of love.

With all the blessings that I am bestowed with, I should be happy and content. The sun should be shining much brighter, birds chirping more merrily and all that shit.

I am perfectly healthy. I have a high paying job, a real career, and a multitude of opportunities to further it, founded on the best education that my folks granted and taught me. The same set of people who brought me up to be the kind of man that I am right now. The kind that people look up to.
"Ako lang naman ang dapat ayusin. So how do you resolve that?"
"There's nothing wrong with you. You are such a wonderful and good person, Mark. I find you and your values perfect enough to wish my son would grow up just like you."
People who genuinely care.
"Isipin mo it could have been worse..."
"I can't. Sorry. At this point, I'm just frustrated with everything."
"I love you Kuya Marky. I hope it's enough."
Those whom I know will be there in a heartbeat.
"May favoritism? Hehe."
"May isa pa akong fave na kuya eh. Hulaan mo sino? Si Kuya Mak, kilala mo yun? Haha."
"Hahaha. Kahit walang katapusang kaartehan sa buhay?"
"Parte na yun! Hehehe. Iyakan na tayo?"
My dearest friends.
"You're smart and witty, then you're a nice guy pa. Ano pa hahanapin ng babae sa'yo?"
"Hahahahahahahahaha. So... tayo na?"
"Kapal! Haha."
"You forgot something!"
"Ano yun?"
"Cute!"
"Kapal talaga!!! Haha."
I'm surrounded by them. So, there's never really a lack of love in my case. It is in the respect that I have earned, the kindness that I beget, and the patience that I have received. I should be feeling all these warmth rush through me. I should be bound in gratitude but I just don't... In my head, I am but I just. Can't. Feel. It.
"Bakit ang emo mo?"
"Kasama ng charm ko ang pagiging emo. Hehe."
"Hahaha. Well, that's true."
I'm not emo, really. I'm just melodramatic. But I deal with it - I smile. I tell you though, it's short of trying to spin the world the other way. It's wearisome, most of the time and sadly, it's one of those nights when everything fades to gray and there's nothing that I, or perhaps anyone else, can do to get all the colors back.

I think I'm broken.

*******

POSTSCRIPT. Take me somewhere. Anywhere, really. Or we could just stay and let our heads rest but it still won't feel like home.

4 comments:

wanderingcommuter said...

you are very lucky still. andami mong supporters at advisers! hehehe

engel said...

i don't think you're broken. i think you're perfectly normal. we all feel that way sometimes.


like what the others have been saying, you're close to an ideal Mark, you just need to focus on that rather than what's missing.

my-so-called-Quest said...

=)

Kane said...

Mak,

"I think I'm broken."


What I have observed is that when people are broken: they know they're broken. With absolute certainty.

Maybe you aren't broken; but that you seek something which you don't have yet. =)

Kane