HERE COMES THE BRIDEAngelica Panganiban, Eugene Domingo, John Lapus, Tuesday Vargas and Jaime Fabregas
Chris Martinez
...
"Achieved na achieved!" Agree - Yes/Yes?
SCOTT PILGRIM VS. THE WORLDMichael Cera, Mary Elizabeth Winstead and Kieran Culkin
Edgar Wright
Get the hot girl. Defeat her evil exes. Hit love where it hurts.
It has Michael Cera on it. Plus, it features Ryan Reynolds and Brandon Routh. It successfully integrates a flashy-style-heavy imagery to a storyline that pays tribute to video games of old and rock 'n roll. It has line after line of pop culture references, which I totally adore. It is witty. It is ambitious. It is original. It's actually more ridiculous and crazy than it sounds. It's nothing you've ever seen before but dont take my word for it. Go and see the movie for yourself. Then you'll know how an epic of epic epicness Scott Pilgrim is.
HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGONJay Baruchel, Gerard Butler and Christopher Mintz-Plasse
Dean DeBlois, Chris Sanders
...
It is noteworthy that How To Train Your Dragon's animation is simply superb, or breathtaking even but more than being a visual feast, the movie boasts of humor and heart which clearly sets it apart from the run-off-the-mill action-packed, adorable-character-centric (Toothless is beyond adorable, by the way) 3D animation movies. It reminds me of Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs - the title doesn't say much until you start watching it.
TOY STORY 3Tom Hanks, Tim Allen and Joan Cusack
Lee Unkrich
No toy gets left behind.
I gave up my toys when I entered high school (since my younger brother claimed it as his) so you'll totally get me when I say that the last few scenes of Toy Story 3 brought back the nostalgia. I was so moved not only by the story but by the whole cinematic experience. For an hour or so, I was one with the collective who cheers for Andy's toys (and perhaps subconsciously, for what they stand for).
THE SOCIAL NETWORKJesse Eisenberg, Andrew Garfield and Justin Timberlake
David Fincher
You don't get to 500 million friends without making a few enemies.
A lot of people mistake The Social Network for a movie about how Facebook was made. They're wrong. The Social Network is a film about ambition and relations. Its theme is universal and highly relatable. Never have I asked myself, "What am I doing (with my life at this age)?" until I've seen how the lead character put up a company that is worth about $41B today. It is the only film, in recent memory, that insired me. It's that good.
1 comment:
i totally forgot about the social network.
Post a Comment