Saturday, January 15, 2011

looking back: 2010

In 2010, I went to the church for a total of 54 times, and I spent an aggregate of 152 days at the gym.

In 2010, I was happy for 298 days; the rest, I'll charge it to experience.

In 2010, I recorded all these and more.

Day 316
On the third day, I was forced to come out of my silent retreat. I had a class that evening so social interaction was inevitable. True enough, the block ended up having dinner at Pancake House in Boni High Street and it was a riot as usual. NJ mentioned that he would introduce me to a friend of his. "Look him up," he said. I did and the cogs in my head started turning. I thought, "I will do the introduction myself." There is a certain liberation that came out of my silence.

Day 10
"I had fun too. Let's make it a whole day affair next time," I replied to XR's message. Indeed, the breakfast-turned-brunch went well. He laughed at the word affair. I knew he would. I get XR like that. What I don’t get is the "effortless" comment his girl friend said in reference to the Christmas gift I gave XR. Jealousy is such an ugly trait. I didn't want to go home yet so I called up Striker and asked him out for dinner.

Day 89
"If you know what you are looking for, makikita mo yun in one form or another, sooner or later. You are a beautiful person, and I’m telling you it's normal - what you’re going through," Striker said. Later that night, I dreamt of XR and the King. It was weird.

Day 283
Our argument spilled over from last night. MT said a lot of harsh words. Hurtful, hurtful words. I don't even know why I tolerate this. The sad part is that I can't talk to the one person whom I need right now.

Day 237
I received the sweetest message from MT: "Yes, I'm happy. May MAKulit kase eh. Haha. But seriously there are many many things that have drawn me to you and not to the others. I have to thresh out some of those things pa nga. Haha. But there's only one thing that's keeping me in my current state. That's you (pasok: long sigh). :D" Eeeehhh!! Kilig, kilig.

Day 267
The team's first presentation for the Integrated Marketing Campaign class went extremely well. Our classmates commended us for a great job. I don't think any other group can top that! Haha! I feel so proud and accomplished. I love being a student again!

Day 130
OMFG! I will never vote again. It was hell! Ugh.

Day 111
So there we were, standing at the left side of an otherwise busy intersection. It was deserted this time. It was just us. Alone, together; the red pedestrian crossing light looming on the other side. Much as I felt like I'm dying from kilig, I couldn't stop myself. After all, we were just a few inches away from each other and I would be damned if I don't do it. I turned and glanced at you and ended up giving you a Hey-I-sorta-know-you-and-I-hope-you-acknowledge-this-since-you-kinda-know-me-too-type of nod and smile. You nodded back, and I melted. Kilig, kilig. ADMU20, you are love.

Day 204
I followed my friends out of the place when a hand held me by my waist. The stranger pulled me closer. He took my hand as he whispered, "Stay." I turned my head to his side and flashed him what I would I consider a cute sly smile. "Can't," I mouthed as I let my hand slip from his. I moved through the crowd and out of the club. It all happened in under five seconds but it felt like it dragged on far longer, at least in my head anyway. I went home a happy kid; hung over but happy nonetheless.

Day 153
OMG! I saw Green today. Totally nomnomnom! Haha! Anyway, I got the pants I had made for Bom's wedding this afternoon. It is perfect. I just have to find a purple long-sleeved shirt and I'm all set. I think I'm more excited than the bride. Haha!

Day 53
"Hoy, ang Coron natin – huwag kang makikinig sa mga nagsasabi na third wheel ka. Sabihin mo, "Yup!" Third wheel ka at walang masama dun, at least sa lahat ng friends ko sobrang comfortable si S sa'yo. Hindi ba nakakatuwa yun? :) Arte mo! Sabihin mo sa kanila kabit kita at alam ni S yun!" Yes, I'm just being maarte and my best friend knows it! Haha. It never bothered me one bit, my being a third wheel.

Day 364
I'm glad I went out in spite of colds and cough. I had a blast partying at the Distillery with Team Tiu. I love them! I invited Doc, NJ's friend to join us. Luckily, he was free and agreed to drop by. He is nice in person, and what I like most is that he can carry a conversation well. I'm glad we finally met in person. That's one more friend to add on my list! It's a nice way of ending the last night out of 2010.

*******

The graph shows how I fared against the targets I set in the beginning of 2010. The blue line is for my happiness, or the days that ended well. The pink line is for my body, or the days that I worked out. Lastly, the yellow line is for the spirit, or the days that I heard mass or reflected in the church.

I think I did rather well on all three aspects.

1 comment:

CB said...

Hahaha may graph talaga mak? Parang gusto ko rin yan gawin ah... Question lang, kelan aabot sa 200% ang happiness?