Sometimes I think I'm the only one whose day turned out unlike it had begun.
- Jennifer Love Hewitt, Barenaked
*******
Now I know how it feels like to be singled out by the universe. I think it conspired to try and give me the shittiest day ever, one that will guarantee to ruin my happy streak.
I missed breakfast because my brother refused to buy pan de sal early on. And as I was on my way to work, somebody whom I rather not talk to sent a message asking for directions on how to go to Don Bosco, Makati. I wanted to tell him to get a map but I didn't. I'm nice like that. In fact, I think I'm too nice for my own benefit. Like how I didn't bother getting my change from that deaf, suicidal jeepney driver. It's hard to ask "sukli po nung bente" when the rest of his passengers were shouting curses for his insane driving. Fortunately, my body was still in one piece when I arrived at the office. Sadly, my right shoe wasn't. I noticed that the sole on the heel part was somewhat detached. Any other day, I would have gone home to change but I have to be somewhere in an hour so I just did the most logical thing to do - eat Mentos and rip it off completely. What's the worst thing that could happen right? Well, accidentally almost slipping on the street pavement that is. Along Ayala Avenue. Twice. Shit. But I just smiled, shrugged it off, and sang my way to the other office. Heck, I even thought it was funny.
After listening to what seemed to be an endless prattling about how a smile is part of our would-be uniform, our free logo shirt was handed out. I ordered a black one. I was given a white. But that's the least of my worries as I have tons of requirements to submit, and tons more of materials to go over in the next two weeks. It was already past two in the afternoon when I was able to eat lunch. And an hour after, I was back at the office feeling all drained and harassed from all the listening and smiling, and walking and smiling. It's just a relief to sit on my comfy chair after trying to short of crawl along the tiled floors of the building to avoid slipping.
But I was still smiling. And then I thought there was a saving grace to all this. I remember thinking all's well that ends well. However, nothing can end well when it never even started.
Sigh. (Read: I'm too tired to discuss further details. Well actually, I refuse to.)
And to the Powers That Be, you win! Not only am I unhappy, I'm furious!
End this fucked-up day and I might change my mind.
16 comments:
hehehe everyone has their own shitty days... I've had plenty of those. You should've applied the Secret. Anyways that day is over and you have other days to be shitty again hehehe;p
mak! chillax! ehehe. bukas, ibang araw na naman, malay mo mas magandang araw ang kasunod.
happy weekend mak! :)
Tough day, eh? Shit happens. Or as a friend would term it, Shit hits the fan (yikes a bit too visual).
Oh well, just take care man!
hope you feel well soon.
kalma lang... ganyan talaga. shit happens!
@lazy john: Wow. Hahaha. Thanks for making me look forward to having shitty days. LOL.
Baliw. Haha.
@yods: Sorry naman. Sobrang panget lang talaga yung araw na yun. Hopefully, magiging better yung mga susunod. :P
@toilet thoughts: Ahaha. Very visual indeed. Hahaha. Thanks, thanks dude.
@wanderingcommuter: Ahaha. I'm the calmest person you'll meet pero kapag sobra sobra na, nakow... Haha.
Keeps gettin' better... LOL.
it's just one of them days. tomorrow will be a better one.
What matters is you are still happy even though things occured not the way you wanted it to be.
in a way, bigla akong natakot sa iyo dahil sa comment mo. hahaha. jk
And here I thought I was having a really shitty day! I guess you win! LOL!
It's nice to see you kept your sense of humor intact... I think it's a Filipino secret which keeps our suicide rates low. We somehow manage to hope for better things in the midst of so much crap. Hahahaha!
I hope you have better days to follow! =P
@duke: Oo naman. Hahaha. :P Thanks sa pagdaan.
@kris jasper: Well sometimes it can't be helped for one to feel sad. Pero ganun lang naman ako. Pag napupuno, I need to rant para afterwards okay na ulit. :P
@wanderingcommuter: Ahahaha. Sira. :P
@karen: Ahaha. O anu nangyari sa'yo? Badtrip kapag nasisira ang happy streak no? LOL.
Yep, I think masayahin lang talaga ang mga Pinoys kaya kahit may problema naka-smile pa rin.
And speaking of smile, Ahaha. Nakakatawa kanina sa jeep kasi everyone was looking at me [feelingero, haha] kasi I can't help but smirk/smile. Wala lang.
Hihi. :P
Post a Comment