MB, a close friend, has been incessantly making follow-ups on our supposed plan to travel to Singapore by early next year. In fact, she, together with her boyfriend, joined me for coffee last Sunday to discuss in length the impending trip. We talked about the business climate in that region, possible employment opportunities, compensation range, and the things that we'll be buying as soon as we get our first pay check. We also discussed how much money we ought to bring as we were hoping to stay there for at least a month, thinking that it would long enough for us to land a job.
In line with this trip, MB provided me a ton of review materials for the CIA examination. She said that it would be better that we have an additional credential, like the certification, before we leave for Singapore. And since I thought that my barista stint was already a no go, I half-heartedly agreed to her suggestion. Her boyfriend however will be taking the CFA examination. And according to him, it will take place sometime around June. And then he said:
"Mak, kung matutuloy itong balak natin, kung puwede sana kasama ka na ni MB na mauuna sa Singapore ha."
Whoa!?
One, nobody told me that he'll be tagging along. Then again, I should've assumed that MB will always have a plus one. And two, as much as it would be nice to share an apartment with friends (as opposed to still being with my family at this age), I'm a bit reluctant to the thought of living with them for a year or so.
Don't get me wrong though, I love MB and her boyfriend. But I want a Grace, not a Rob and Ellen.
4 comments:
He he. One year lang e. Just make sure that you have set rules prior. That way, alam na ninyo ang boundaries. Good luck!
hahaha..
anw, Will and grace is my fave sitcom. I watch it here regularly coz of Karen. She's just so sarcastic that I love her.
@r-yo: One year lang? Ahaha. Matagal po yun. Sinabihan nga ako nung boyfriend niya na sana wag naman daw akong magsawa sa kanila if ever matuloy yung plano. Ahaha.
@kris jasper van dyke: I know right. It's my second fave series, next to Charmed. I just love the humor in that show.
Post a Comment