Scott MacIntyre's performance of The Search Is Over didn't get the sympathy of all four judges so he ended up bidding the contest goodbye last week. And I know how tired this line is but let me just say it one more time - I am so totally sure he didn't see that one coming! Ha! This week on Idol, Quentin Tarantino comes back to coach the finalists as they take on movie theme songs. I remember the infamous director bashing DeGarmo back in season three with her song choice ("There can't be a song we're more sick of hearing."). He made Cowell look so timid. Ah, good times!

KRIS ALLEN / Falling Slowly. Subtle works best for Allen. I wasn't too keen on the full blown orchestral arrangement because I think it would've been a lot better if he did it with just his thing, the guitar. Regardless, he was still the best of the night.
ANOOP DESAI / Everything I Do (I Do It For You). It started out rough but it mellowed down to the point of it being pleasant. Desai won't get anything beyond that because I can still hear him trying to do soul when clearly, he doesn't have any.
MATT GIRAUD / Have You Ever Really Loved A Woman?. Giraud takes the cake for having the most noticeable off key. Damn, I was really feeling it until he reached the bridge.
ALLISON IRAHETA / I Don't Want To Miss A Thing. Excruciating. I don't know if it's just me but I find her voice too thin and dry even for a rocker. I was waiting for glory notes the entire performance but none came.
LIL ROUNDS / The Rose. Booooooooooooooring. Girl can just STFU and go.
ADAM LAMBERT / Born To Be Wild. I just want to point this out - in theatre, nothing is original. Back to Lambert, one word - screechfest. And six others, in make up, less is more. But I would really like to see him try his luck in the commercial market so give him a record deal already.
DANNY GOKEY / Endless Love. Ha! He was off key on the fourth line. And once again, I am reminded that it growls.

THE BEST
KRIS ALLEN / Falling Slowly. Subtle works best for Allen. I wasn't too keen on the full blown orchestral arrangement because I think it would've been a lot better if he did it with just his thing, the guitar. Regardless, he was still the best of the night.
ANOOP DESAI / Everything I Do (I Do It For You). It started out rough but it mellowed down to the point of it being pleasant. Desai won't get anything beyond that because I can still hear him trying to do soul when clearly, he doesn't have any.
THE WORST
MATT GIRAUD / Have You Ever Really Loved A Woman?. Giraud takes the cake for having the most noticeable off key. Damn, I was really feeling it until he reached the bridge.
ALLISON IRAHETA / I Don't Want To Miss A Thing. Excruciating. I don't know if it's just me but I find her voice too thin and dry even for a rocker. I was waiting for glory notes the entire performance but none came.
LIL ROUNDS / The Rose. Booooooooooooooring. Girl can just STFU and go.
THE REST
ADAM LAMBERT / Born To Be Wild. I just want to point this out - in theatre, nothing is original. Back to Lambert, one word - screechfest. And six others, in make up, less is more. But I would really like to see him try his luck in the commercial market so give him a record deal already.
DANNY GOKEY / Endless Love. Ha! He was off key on the fourth line. And once again, I am reminded that it growls.
10 comments:
Seriously, it's getting annoying that Lambert is getting good reviews when the only thing he does is scream...
really? i don't think allen did a great job last night.
and common, allison's performance was dreadful but she still managed to harvest good comments.
and lambert, I agree, is getting overrated. same as that Gokey guy.
kuya, wag ka magagalit. but i find this season very boring!
bring back mariah week. every week! hahaha
Some people need scolding. :)
So after all, we are still on with AI for another week. hehe
Just for clarification - what do you mean by "in theatre, nothing is original"? :)
I do not want Adam to win.
I do not want Danny to win.
I do not want Allison to win.
I do not agree that Matt was saved.
I do not agree that Lil didn't get the lowest votes.
I like Anoop and Kris. They should be at the Top 2.
@gillboard: I guess you and I belong to the minority who thinks Lambert is an overrated contestant. :P
@badong: Yep, Kris Allen was by far the best contestant during Disco night. :)
@my-so-called-quest: Hahaha. Bakit naman ako magagalit? Sus ka. Yup, I demand a Mariah week for the top 4. :P Hahaha. 2 songs each yun.
@n: I know, right?! Hmmm... I sort of forgot what I meant by that. Hahah. Will get back to you.
@solace2009:
I do not want Adam to win. DITTO! (But he will win, he's my bet.)
I do not want Danny to win. DITTO!
I do not want Allison to win. DITTO!
I do not agree that Matt was saved. But who were you saving the save for? Anoop?
I do not agree that Lil didn't get the lowest votes. DITTO!
I like Anoop and Kris. They should be at the Top 2. ANYONE BUT DEADWIFE AND FIONA.
Hahaha.
Post a Comment