Like country, disco is a staple theme on American Idol; and this week the seven remaining hopefuls channel their inner Chaka in an attempt to outperform one another and secure themselves a spot on the top five. After all, the stakes are a bit higher as two of them will be sent packing home after tonight. Blame America for supporting that weave-wearing fug instead of giving more love to the talented Giraud, or the lovely Kris Allen.

KRIS ALLEN / She Works Hard For The Money. Artistry at its finest. Just flawless. I'm glad that Kris Allen is really upping the ante. Once again, he was, by FAR, the best of the night. No contest.
MATT GIRAUD / Stayin' Alive. Giraud chose to stick with the original arrangement which was fine since he was the only contestant who pulled off disco in its truest sense. It was unoriginal, but it was still good nonetheless.
ANOOP DESAI / Dim All The Lights. The build up was long, slow and lazy. And for what? A mid-tempo 70s second-tier song. Boring. Dude could've picked a much better song than this.
LIL ROUNDS / I'm Every Woman. Mandisa will flatten you for killing this song. Be afraid.
ALLISON IRAHETA / Hot Stuff. Bad news: Nicole Scherzinger and the Pussycat Dolls did it a million times better than Iraheta, and none of those girls can even sing to save their lives. Good news: the judges already used their save. Life is great!
ADAM LAMBERT / If I Can't Have You. And I thought that the world would finally see the real Lambert on full throttle. But I guess bedazzled outfits and "It's Raining Men/I Will Survive" on disco night is just too predictable for an artiste. Instead, he settled for a mellow version of I Can't Have You which he might have pulled off perfectly if not for the god-awful shrieking. Show off.
DANNY GOKEY / September. Other than the opening note which made me cringe, the performance was borderline okay. His voice is solid gold though. This is me praising Deadwife Gokey.

THE BEST
KRIS ALLEN / She Works Hard For The Money. Artistry at its finest. Just flawless. I'm glad that Kris Allen is really upping the ante. Once again, he was, by FAR, the best of the night. No contest.
MATT GIRAUD / Stayin' Alive. Giraud chose to stick with the original arrangement which was fine since he was the only contestant who pulled off disco in its truest sense. It was unoriginal, but it was still good nonetheless.
THE WORST
ANOOP DESAI / Dim All The Lights. The build up was long, slow and lazy. And for what? A mid-tempo 70s second-tier song. Boring. Dude could've picked a much better song than this.
LIL ROUNDS / I'm Every Woman. Mandisa will flatten you for killing this song. Be afraid.
ALLISON IRAHETA / Hot Stuff. Bad news: Nicole Scherzinger and the Pussycat Dolls did it a million times better than Iraheta, and none of those girls can even sing to save their lives. Good news: the judges already used their save. Life is great!
THE REST
ADAM LAMBERT / If I Can't Have You. And I thought that the world would finally see the real Lambert on full throttle. But I guess bedazzled outfits and "It's Raining Men/I Will Survive" on disco night is just too predictable for an artiste. Instead, he settled for a mellow version of I Can't Have You which he might have pulled off perfectly if not for the god-awful shrieking. Show off.
DANNY GOKEY / September. Other than the opening note which made me cringe, the performance was borderline okay. His voice is solid gold though. This is me praising Deadwife Gokey.
6 comments:
i thought that was only the second time that lambert wowed me (apart from his tracks of my tears rendition). i'ma big fan of allen and giraud as well. i used to be a gokey fan but he is becoming more and more boring to me.
just like ANTM cycle 12. i guess AI this season is the most predictable? hehehe
pssstt. kuya! hihih
@curbside puppet: Ahh. I know someone who was amazed by Lambert as well. Hahaha. It didn't do anything to me though. :-)
Kris Allen all the way.
im stilllllll loving adam hahahahaha
@my-so-called-quest: Exactly! Hahaha. But I think Kris Allen has a BIG chance to steal the title from that other dude.
@herbs d.: Hahahaha. :P Fine.
Post a Comment