But for a change, I chose the path I seldom take. It's the one that cuts through Paseo. One less block to walk, a lot less smog to course through. The green surroundings, refreshing. New faces, intriguing.
Passing by a convenience store, I noticed a child walking out carrying a promotional merchandise for a movie that I just saw.
"Ang ganda-ganda," Prince exclaimed as we walked out of the theater. We were among the last ones to leave as we stayed behind, thinking there would be a post-credits scene. Apparently, there was none.
"Gusto kong bumili ng toy na ganun! Ano kaya maganda," he asked with much gusto but he must have noticed that my mind was elsewhere. "Hoy, di ka nakikinig," he added as he playfully punched my arm.
"Bumblebee," I reacted. "Kanina mo pa ako sinusuntok kaya."
"Hehehe," he smirked. "Ayaw ko. Masyadong common."
"Starscream," I suggested another.
"Kalaban yun, eh."
"Yung twins?"
"Panget."
And it went on until we reached the veranda leading to the walkway.
"Hay naku! Malungkot ka na naman," he said knowingly.
"Hindi."
"Kaya nga kita niyaya manuod ng movie eh para di ka mag-isip tapos all this time yun pala nasa utak mo."
I didn't react. I didn't have anything to say except that he was right. I was sad. No, I was sad and lonely. It wasn't quite surprising really that he managed to read me that well, given that we have only known each other for such a short span of time. I am that transparent. Anyone can tell if something's bothering me.
Even if it wasn't his responsibility to do so, Prince took the effort of consoling me once again. "Do you know who's really worth it," he asked, possibly referring to a discussion we have had a few days back. "Those who stay," he added without waiting for my answer. "Kahit anong mangyari. Alala mo yung sinabi ko sa'yo noong una nating mapag-usapan to?"
"Ano yun," I uttered without looking at him.
"Give it space, time. Pero you have to know that you have to keep moving forward, with or without him."
By then, I found myself halfway along Makati Avenue, in another intersection, and the walk sign, it just turned green.
3 comments:
mixed emotions... sigh!
at the intersection...and the walk sign just turned green.
that means "go!". move on. :)
i really don't know what happened but i really hope you'll be able to find strength to go on living.. =)
Post a Comment