That's why OMBD has been without an update for quite some time now.
Well that, and the fact that my internet connection, provided by SmartBro, has been a major pain lately. Those times when I'd be without an after-office affair, I'd come home early, eager to be online, only to find that annoying exclamation mark icon on the status bar which signifies that I have limited connectivity. I'd consider myself lucky if I can be DC-free for five minutes.
It's the same reason why my research this morning took far longer than it should have. I was looking up dreams and dream meanings. See, for the past three nights, I dreamt of babies.
On the first, I was looking at a child with the prettiest eyes I've seen. It had the palest shade of blue, which went well with her skin tone. My grandmother who was standing by the crib then mentioned that she was my cousin. "Finally, a girl," I remember saying.
The second was a bit weirder, as I recall throwing two other cousins in the river to make room for a new family member.
The third featured a supposed friend who excitedly asked me to feel her baby kick and move inside her. It was adorable and cute, even if everyone else would have found it creepy - the baby seemed too big to be unborn, and its limbs make protrusions on my friend's tummy as it moves.
Naturally, the recurrence of babies as my dreams' main subject piqued my curiosity. As I can't find my mom's dream dictionary, I resorted to online resources. Unsurprisingly, most of the sites that I looked into presented the following analysis:
To see a baby in your dream, signifies innocence, warmth and new beginnings. Babies symbolize something in your own inner nature that is pure, vulnerable, helpless and/or uncorrupted. If you find a baby in your dream, then it suggests that you have acknowledged your hidden potential.Happiness. Trust. Rebirth. These are the keywords that were common to all the interpretations I came upon.
If dreams are manifestations of the subconscious, then maybe, in spite of everything, I am in a better place right now.
Either that, or I'm going to have a real baby soon.
2 comments:
i blame the weather for the crazy internet connection...
baby dreams... siguro it's telling you to make one already... ;p
mere reading your post na exhaust na ako pero atleast you still have that positive glow... keep it up at lumayo ka sa cubao. ok?!
Post a Comment