While waiting for dinner to be served, I called out Larra's attention, "Hay naku, you didn't go to mass kanina. Hindi mo tuloy ako nakita maging commentator."
It was the team's turn to sponsor the first Friday mass, and given the very limited manpower, I was given the role of the commentator. I was a bit hesitant at first. It's been a while since I heard mass so I was afraid that I would mess up my lines. But screw being afraid. I can do this. That's what I told myself. And it turned out fine.
"Oo nga. Ang galing mo kaya," Len added.
I laughed at the idea of being commended for being a commentator. "Galing ka diyan! There was a line that I forgot nga. Yung pari pa yung nagsabi. Nakakahiya kaya!"
"Please stand? Haha," the Prince said, referring to that post-Communion bit I missed. "Taas nga ng turnout ng tao ngayon eh. Alam siguro na magsasalita tayo!"
The group laughed. We were all used to the Prince's occasional bouts of cheekiness by now.
"At ang ganda ng boses mo ha. In fairness," Len stated.
"Ayun naman. Eh di ikaw na magsasalita every mass," Larra asked, joining the teasing.
"Ngek! Ayaw! Saka wag mong sabihin na maganda boses ko," I said. "Di puwede!"
"Bakit naman?"
"Alam mo na," I replied. "Kapag maganda boses di ba usually, hindi..."
"Kapag maganda boses, panget? Ay oo, pero exception ka," Monsy said in a joking manner.
"Hahaha. Naks naman. Yan gusto ko sa'yo eh," I said, laughing with them. The Prince, on the other hand, remained silent, his face wearing that expression I know too well.
Fine.
"Ikaw din, exception," I told him in the most reassuring tone. It made him smile.
It was nine in the evening; just in time for his ego booster shot.
3 comments:
we all have friends we need to flatter every now and then. :x
i hope you don't mind my asking, I'm just being nozy.
but is prince your significant other?
i've been to be commentator many times pero takot ako. for some reason, nakakalimutan ko rin kung kelan magsasabi ng please stand. hehehe
Post a Comment