Sunday, September 27, 2009

when it rains

Yesterday's weather was conducive to sleeping but rather than laying on the bed and risk inviting unnecessary thoughts, I decided to do the activities that I have always wanted to do on my free time but for some reason, didn't. That's mostly because I don't have a lot of free time.

First, I got to make an impressive development in Project 160. In my aim to free up some space in Maxtor, I started to convert my MP3 files to a lower bit rate. However, due to the vastness of my collection, and my meticulousness in inputting the song information, I find Project 160's pace to be painstakingly dragging. I ended with Meja's folder. That leaves about 454 more artists to go. Plus, this year's new releases. Ak!

While iTunes convert a batch of MP3s, I rid Maxtor of useless files - mostly videos, pictures, drafts and irrelevant what nots. In doing so, I was reminded of the piles of boxes that I have yet to sort out. To my mom, it contains the junk I have accumulated growing up - books, magazines, comic books, cassette tapes and CDs, movie and PS2 DVDs, stuff toys, collectibles, room displays, picture albums, letters and old journals. To me, they are much more than that for every item, every page holds a memory that is very dear to me. That is why I kept them in the first place. Call me sentimental, but that's what I am. Once again, I procrastinated knowing how daunting it will be to ask and reflect if an item should be thrown away or not. It's a task for another rainy day.

I did some blog hopping as well and I was delighted to have found several new worthy reads. Delighted, by the way, is an understatement. Doc and White will laugh at me when I tell them this.

By four thirty in the afternoon, I found myself cozying up in the bed. So much for my plan not to give in but the combination of the afternoon drizzle and the sultry grooves of Memoirs, it would be impossible not to lay on the bed bumping Jodeci, or in this case, MC.

But all these singing of angels crying and candy blings put me in the mood to finish watching Love Actually. Just last Friday I chanced upon a song that asks why love is so hard to find. The movie's introduction contradicted this and stressed that love, actually, is all around. And I was this near to believing it, actually.

The movie did give me a few ideas for future blog entries. In fact, I am so excited to write them but it's just not the time yet. But I did write something last night. Thanks to the Wi-Fi access last night, I was able to go online and publish it.

Despite the gloomy weather and that unsatisfied desire to burn some calories, I have to say that my day went well. I just love the rain.

*******

POSTSCRIPT. My heart goes out to the victims of Ondoy. You have my prayers. We are a resilient race. We will recover from this.

7 comments:

gillboard said...

marami akong naisip na post tungkol sa love nung napanuod ko love actually... it's a nice film... kaya lang baka madepress lang ako... hehehe

good luck with project 160...

citybuoy said...

i've been organizing my music collection for about six months now. i think i made it up to gavin degraw then i sorta stopped. haha

Anonymous said...

I used to love the rain but not anymore.

Try looking outside and see the terror it brought us.

MakMak said...

@gillboard: Bakit ka naman malulungkot? :-) The movie's uplifting nga eh.

MakMak said...

@citybuoy: Hindi ko puwedeng itigil kasi OC ako sa mga ganoong bagay. :-) I just hope I finish it before the year ends. Hehe.

MakMak said...

@goodboi: I know but my hating the rain won't contribute anything positive to what's already happening outside. My prayers, help and a cheerful disposition will, though. :-)

Anonymous said...

Loving the rain more will make it rain more. Remember, when it rains, it pours - whatever it is.

Show compassion, share prayers, lend a hand and be uplifting. This is a call for us who weren't so much affected.

Cheers!