I was about to dismiss the run as a disappointment when I suddenly saw a glimmer of what might possibly be the morning activity's saving grace. Roused, I hurriedly asked the best friend if we can start running again. Best friend refused and claimed that we agreed to have a five-minute break. Not one to waste an inspired moment, I said that I'm going ahead.
"Why are you such in a hurry," the best friend said knowingly.
"Because the Britney song is on," I hollered back as I sped off counting one, two, three.
It was my idea. The whole jogging at UP at six in the morning. Due to conflicting schedules, the best friend and I have barely talked for months now so I took the initiative to set this up so we can update one another while burning some calories. The arrangement was perfect as we are both keen on getting fit. So keen that we even chose the built that we need to achieve by some time next year. I selected something achievable for the best friend. The latter, unknowingly, pointed at a model for mine. I reminded the best friend that goals are supposed to be attainable. "Walang imposible sa'yo di ba" was the response that I got. My best friend, apparently, has too much faith in me. That, or the best friend is delusional.
Anyway, it was good that we set goals. It keeps me motivated, and motivation is what keeps a person going. I just picture a future version of me, happier and a whole lot fitter, and I get that extra boost of energy I need to do another set of crunches, or have another fifteen minutes on the stepper, or keep up with these fellow runners for another lap or so.
I've never been this serious with my work out routine before so seeing the results of my effort is quite satisfying. The fact that I have been steadily choosing to hit the gym, or engage in some physical activity over slacking off made me realize that I really want good results out of this project. And it's in my genes that when I want something, I won't rest until I get it.
A few minutes past eleven, the best friend sent me a message involving smoothies at the Museum Cafe. Half-heartedly, I slowed down before heading back. I found my best friend enjoying a fruit drink.
"Who are you chasing after? Nahabol mo no," the best friend called out upon seeing me arrive wearing a smile.
"Gold star ko," I said trying to hide the grin.
"Gold star ka diyan," the best friend said. "Yung naka-blue kamo!"
12 comments:
stalker mode? =P
may hinabol kang Atenista?(naka blue eh ) ehehhe..Kainis naman to.Kung kailan wla ako sa UP dun magjogging.
buti ka pa. ako, it took me a lot of excuses before engaging sa pagwowork-out.
@engel: Haha. I don't know what you're talking about. :P
@jay: Hey! I wasn't chasing after that person. We were side-by-side. Hahaha.
But with my track record, baka nga Atenean yun. Haha.
And for the record, I texted you about it. :P
@xtian1978ii: That's alright. What's important is that you managed to convince yourself that you need to start working out. :-) So how is it so far?
Paano kung lahat naka-yellow?!
@goodboi: You're referring to Jay's statement "naka blue eh"? It was just a joke. :-)
@goodboi mahilig tlga si @makmak sa mga naka blue :-p
@MakMak nagtext ka lang nung day na nag jogging ka ;-p edi sana pinagpaliban ko na lahat ng aking gagawin ehehe
nice! haha my best friend and i used to jog at UP too kaso never namin naachieve yung ideal weight namin. haha
ayun naman pala.. kaya ka pala kumakaripas ng takbo. ganda yan! motivation! haha
still haven't started lol
@jbinx: Coincidence lang yung blue. :-)
Post a Comment