"I just figured," I said. "I want someone whom I can say anything to, be it something senseless or something so deep, and that someone will have something to say back. Plus ten points if it's a really good retort."
In lieu of a new conversation, let me write this down, and file it somewhere, lest I forget it.
- Make me laugh and smile; be by my side when I cry.
- Be smart. Be witty. Be that someone who would always humor me.
- Take me sailing in your soft, heavenly eyes.
- Light up this whole town with your cute smile.
- Give me chills and render me still,
Make me lost for words, whenever you’re near.
- Laugh like it’s the best song I’ve heard.
- At times, be silly and surprise me.
- Keep up with my idiosyncrasies.
- Prove that we have that chemistry.
- Show me you’re passionate and equally affectionate.
- Ask how my day went and bid me good night.
- Never leave me in the cold, and don’t let me be the last to know.
- Join in my travels near and be open to possibilities that we’d go really far.
- Be quick to forgive but quicker to sincerely apologize.
- Think that I’m extra extra special.
- Be so happy to have ever found me.
- Be the one who brings out the best in me.
- Fly from wherever and land on my door step,
Smile at me and say it was worth it - to see most of me.
- Dance with me in the storm and kiss me in the rain.
- Tell me about your dreams, and get invested in mine.
- Have a perfectly good heart.
- Value your mother and your brother.
- Be independent, to a degree; know that you’ll always have me.
- Be unafraid and trust that I’ll be there through it all.
- Do the impossible and make me fall.
Because I realized that the clearer and more refined I get around the qualities that I am looking for, the more I will be able to recognize them when they appear.
*******
I just want someone to belong to everyday of my life, always.
- Mariah Carey, Dreamlover
16 comments:
The pitfalls of a check list, M. I wish you best of luck! :)
i was supposed to write something like this when heart's day comes but you beat me to it.
now i'll have to think of something else. =P
it's funny. i was thinking of writing something like this. wouldn't it be nice if we all came with instruction manuals? we all know how we want to be loved. based on your list, i can see you're a true romantic. these things aren't easy but they're very justifiable. :D
this is cute. hehe. i find it very similar to what i also look for in a partner.
good luck on your search! may someone be lucky enough to make you feel in love. :-)
hehe. nice. ganbatte! :D
@goodboi: Wise people write down their goals. :) It's one way of making sure they hit the right target.
@gillboard: Don't let me stop you. :)
@citybuoy: You too! Go ahead and list down yours.
Yep. I know there's someone out there who's going to sweep me off my feet. Hahaha.
They're not hard, really. You just have to be patient, and open-minded.
@looking for vince: It is! :) Someone offline mentioned that it made her cry. Hahaha. :P
Thanks, man. I'll be lucky to find that lucky person.
@dn: You're back! Na-miss kita! :)
I have two cents for you.
First, those are not even goals. Second, you're box-ing 'it' out.
@goodboi: True. Those listed might not be goals per se, but to find the embodiment of those qualities - that's the real end. In goal setting, knowing what you want is always the first step.
Plus, those aren't requirements but preferences. I am not boxing in anything, or anyone.
KJ! Hmpf.
Are you calling it preferences when it seems imperative or looks like a set of instructions?
Coming up with a list is similar to setting boundaries. So yes, I still stand for how I am seeing it. You are putting parameters!
Haha, KJ na kung KJ. Pero V-day na! Hindi ka dapat nagkakaganyan! I care for you friend! ;)
i am liking the things on this blog sir mak! can't believe i just stumbled upon it tonight. nagustohan ko ang mga nababasa ko... maybe its because its almost v-day and yung mga writings mo ay may overall feel of love in the air pero may hint of bittersweet-ness to them. hehe consider me a convert!
@goodboi: Preferences, still. It's just the form that makes it sound imperative.
Besides, my dearest goodboi, I am open to whatever the universe throws my way.
V'Day na nga... :( Kaya nagkakaganito ako, perhaps. Hehe
"I care for you, friend!"
- Ang sarap pakinggan pero...
Lololol. :P
@berg: Happy to know that you like it here. :) Thanks!
Pero hindi yan bitter. Sweet lang. :)
Post a Comment