That day everyone was seemingly in a hurry. People left and right. Casuals on breaks. Suits surfacing from under. Racing up the stairway. Escalator tightly packed.
That day I walked into the crowd and I lost myself in the feeling of being sad, small, alone and scared.
With all the people running around the metro, is it really that improbable for my path to collide with that someone whom I am meant for? I mean, it could be that one coming out from the bank, or this one sporting a gym outfit striding towards me, or it could be this five o'clock shadow carrying a coffee cup, walking beside me.
It's all I can think of.
That was two years ago. Now, I find myself walking on the same avenue, noticing the same things but skipping to a different tune.
"So did you text him," I asked.
"Yeah! Yeah, I did. What you told me," the other replied. "'Good morning. I'm looking forward to meeting you later.' That's what I told him."
I beamed, "So what did he say?"
"Well, he greeted me as well and thanked me for waking him up..."
"And?"
"And that he can't wait until later."
I laughed, "See? You owe me big time, man!"
"Do you think it worked? Wasn't it sarcastic when he said that I woke him up?"
"Corny. His reply was fine." I was giddy. "This made me happy!"
The other was as well. It was very obvious. The grin, the glint, the glow. It was all over.
It was the start of something wonderful. Two years and running. Together in growing and learning. Coping. At times, struggling. Trying to meet halfway. I was a witness to it all, and let me say that there is scarcely anything else in the world that is more beautiful and divine than seeing them so genuinely in love.
I am amazed at the realization that out of all these people, two souls can actually manage to recognize its counterpoint in one another, and in spite of everything, find their way to each other.
They are hope personified for those who wonder if somewhere, somehow, there's someone out there who might be waiting for that collision.
There is, and there's no need to hurry.
2 comments:
naks :)
@thecuriouscat: Naks lang?
Post a Comment