Cold, piercing words.
It was all that I needed. Had you given it sooner, you could've spared me from the hurt. You didn't trust that I would understand and accept when I'm a much better person than who you think I am.
I'm not sad that it's over but for the way you let it end, that you had to burn bridges when we could have stayed as friends, or mere acquaintances even. But I'm not mad. How can I be angry when you have made me felt so appreciated and special? You saw me as a beautiful person; desirable, as you put it. Despite what others say, I believe in every word that escaped your lips, and those that you have weaved with your fingertips. I am loved.
Nevertheless, I have to let go of the memories that we built, the happiness that we've shared and the idea that we existed. Clinging onto it will only bring more pain.
I will forget you just like what you wanted.
I won't miss you, and I won't even think of you.
But I won't say goodbye for we'll always have each other. Perhaps, not as lovers but as kindred souls who share the same moon. Maybe in a distant future summer, when that gap of space between us has been closed, when life has mended what we have bruised, when we least expect it, we'll find each other once again and maybe this time, we'll have a brand new start.
But let us not hold our breaths for it.
We need to live for the choices that we made.
I will carry on without you. I was not built to break.
This is the moment when we smile before we cry.
6 comments:
You've been at this for a while now. I wish there was something I could say to cheer you up, but I'm just as lost as you are when it comes to love.
I hope you'll be okay soon.
So... it is over. Sigh.
Kaya ba?
Kane
it's not good to have a rundown of your last 10 posts while chris brown is singing "CRAWL" on the background.
2010 is heart break year. i think. =)
but hey, every year, is a friendship year for us Mak. we'll brave these storms. i'm sure of it.
PS:
i am so going to make your story my next song project. hahaha
i like the way this sadness is written. the courage to put things in words is admirable.
you shall heal. this too shall pass.
@ex jason: That's sweet. Knowing that you read my posts is good enough for me. :)
I'll be okay soon. This is the last stretch of my sadness, for now.
Thanks, again.
@kane: Yes, and of course, kaya. :) Ako pa!
@sensei jery: Haha. I just realized it now! 2009's probably my worst year but 2010 is pretty close. Hahaha. Don't worry, someone said that 2011 is MY year. So there.
Uh huh. I don't know why but I'm still not used to having people leave. Buti na lang you guys are always be there for me. O-ha! :)
Yes, please do. I'll look forward to it. Pwede next week? Haha.
@yas jayson: Thing is, a friend of mine said, "Give it time..."
"Time... to heal?" I asked.
"It won't heal," the friend replied.
Errr... Hahaha. Comforting, isn't it?
I'm a bit wary that it's true though. I think the hurt will just carry on until we're gray and old. Pero carry lang din. Haha. Anobayun. :)
Thanks, Yas!
Post a Comment