Although I have stopped hanging socks on my window 11 years ago, I never stopped believing in Santa Claus.Every year, for the past 19 years, I always make sure that I jot down a letter addressed to him indicating my heart's desire. Singular. It has always been my rule that I should only wish for one thing every year. It's not because I'm not selfish - I'm like any other kid who has a list as long as the Amazon river. But having one wish, thinking of that single thing that you'd want most that time makes the event even more special.
My wishes range from the typical kid stuff (bike, comic books, Sega) to the more expensive gadgets (TV, Discman, mobile phone), and of course the unusual (or rather, abnormal) (mutant powers). Some were granted, some were not. For those times that I did not get anything (or I got something far from what I wished for), my faith in Santa never faltered. I believed that there was a reason why he did not grant my wish that instance. Perhaps I've been naughty. Or I've wished for something that even he can't make. Or maybe, it's not yet time for me to have it. Or maybe, he has something better for me.
I've already tucked my letter underneath my pillow hoping that he'll find it. (I think Santa is an omnipath of sorts.) I can't tell you what I wished for (baka kasi hindi matupad). I'm not asking for a lot this time. Relatively speaking.I haven't been perfectly nice but I've never been bad to anyone this year.
So unless he has something better for me, I sure hope that he makes my wish come true this Christmas.
No comments:
Post a Comment