I'm having a really bad week. And to top it off, I'm having it on the worst possible time - the holidays. It's so bad that I'm scared for my weekends as well.
Damn you Murphy and your stupid Murphy Law!
I stumbled upon a site last weekend and read something about the so-called Murphy's Law which states that "if anything can go wrong it will" and "if you think that things couldn't get any worse, it will".
I never thought of it as a sign or anything until -
December 24, 2007
Daine and I agreed to meet to give our Christmas presents. But he said that his mom asked him to go home early. O-kay. There goes my plan. And did I mention that this was the second time my plan was dismissed (to put it lightly)? We were supposed to "celebrate" Christmas on the 23rd - this was decided months ago - when at the last minute, he casually mentioned that they'll be doing the Christmas grocery that day. O-kay. So off we went to Glorietta to have a, what he called, a mini-dinner at Pancake House. So fun. After dinner, I asked him to open his gifts but he said that he'd rather do it at home. O-kay. By 6, we were at Edsa waiting for a bus when he decided to just take the van. So in a hurry to go back to the terminal, I accidentally scraped my left arm on a wire. Damn. I hate being wounded. Not to mention, the blood on my sleeve. After I dropped him off his house, it began to rain. Hard. And I was carrying his gift to me. Placed inside a Paper Bag. By the time I got home, I was so downtrodden. Oh, and the whole time, I only have enough cash to cover my transportation fares. Thanks to ATM machines which decided to be useless on a holiday.
December 25, 2007
I would prefer to post the events on this date on a separate entry. Very long story.
December 26, 2007
Due to the events of the previous day, I decided to accidentally leave my mobile at home to avoid the temptation to call or reply. It was a pretty stupid plan to begin with because I did not know what my objective is. Pretty much, I wasted a day.
December 27, 2007
Daine and I had a row with regards to my diet and his gym issues. His last message was a bit infuriating as he pointed that I'm just being lazy. So as not to make a big deal out of this, I decided to keep silent and stop the discussion. Moments after, he said that he's already at home and that he'll be sleeping soon. He bid me good night and complimented my Friendster picture. I replied casually saying good night as well. He texted back with "ok thanks". Without punctuation marks. One, he loves his punctuation marks. The only time he leaves them out is when he's mad. And secondly, I am always the last one to send a message. He never replies after my good nights. More so with something as indifferent as "ok thanks".
December 28, 2007
The team had lunch at Dad's for JoyC and Polpol's "Despedida". After replying to Daine's message, I pressed the camera button on my phone when all of a sudden the screen went all-white. I turned it off (removing the battery in the process) hoping that it was just a minor glitch. Much to my dismay, it wasn't just a glitch. And it certainly isn't something minor. I can't make my damn phone work. I know that this might turn out advantageous on my part but still. Crap.
And to think that it's just three in the afternoon.
I hate Murphy.
6 comments:
"He texted back with "ok thanks". Without punctuation marks. One, he loves his punctuation marks. The only time he leaves them out is when he's mad. And secondly, I am always the last one to send a message. He never replies after my good nights. More so with something as indifferent as "ok thanks"."
---
Reminds me of someone... I said "Sweetdreams." He simply replied. "Cge."
Naalala ko lang bigla.
@mugen: Ahaha. I'm scarred with that "ok thanks" reply. Even jar jar teases me with it. Hehe.
hay naku marc!
@anonymous: why? thanks for dropping by nalang po. :)
weh..tama n yang jar jar n yan :-)
@anonymous: weh.. eh bakit ba po? kilala niyo ba si jar jar?
Post a Comment