Everything's so undefined. I'm standing on the edge of my fear and I see it clear. Here's my resolution, I'm letting go. All I need to learn is along this road. And I just want to be the best man I can be. Breathe, here's my resolution.- Nick Lachey, Resolution
*******
I honestly wanted to jump on the bandwagon and write something about my 2007. Or enumerate my resolutions for next year. But sadly I can't. For the past eight days I've managed to come up with 17 entries (alright, a few of them are just recycled from previous blogs but still...) but I can't come up with one lousy yearend entry.
*******
After three hours, I was moved to finish this post due to circumstances that I would rather not divulge for the moment.
I don't want to look back on what transpired in 2007 instead I want to list down what I need to do, and what I dream of doing this coming year.
- I need to learn how to save money. Or at least, make a realistic budget. Financial Planning is what I do for a living for Christ's sake.
- Starting 2008, I'll make it a tradition to have an out-of-town or out-of-country getaway at least once a year. (Thanks JoyC for the idea. Zambales tayo sa April ha!) This year, I'm planning to visit Palawan, Pangasinan, Zambales, Bohol and Singapore. Wish me luck!
- I'll really, really work on organizing my stuff at home. Ever since the renovation, I haven't really bothered to sort out my things (most especially my comicbook collection). And because of this, I end up buying duplicate copies of a single issue. Damn.
- I won't eat anything salty. Or sweet. And I won't eat lunch too.
- Or just enroll myself in a gym.
- I'll also try to avoid staying up way, way late.
- Learn how to drive. This has been my resolution last year. Obviously it did not happen.
- I'll also try not to use my iPod when I go to work in the morning. Instead, I'll just pray the rosary, or recite a simple prayer just like what I used to do during my college days.
- Lesser online time.
- Play badminton with Gracie. Or at least agree to accompany her in the court.
- Get rid of my insecurities. Read: accept myself for what I am. Read further: Learn to love and appreciate myself more.
- Try to get back to what I used to enjoy doing pre-July 2007 - spend time with my friends (videoke, wallclimbing, starbucks etc.), sort my comicbook collection by title then by issue number, watching dvds the entire weekend - those kind of things.
- Be an optimist - everything ends up alright and if it doesn't end up alright, then it's not yet the end.
- Start a new fashion sense - stop wearing my heart out on my sleeve. (Because a certain person disapproved my supposed resolution of "learning how to play".)
Here's to everything that's in store for us this 2008! May we have the best this coming year.
3 comments:
its a long and a little hard top accomplish list but, if you have the guts, youll definitely have the glory and just positive...
Sipag at tyaga lang ang katapat nito!!!
A nice and great for you makmak!
@mink: My 08 list might be a bit intimidating to look at but compared to what I wrote down last year, this is more achievable. And yep, I just need to be determined is all. Thanks! and HNY2U2...
Happy new year. good luck sa resolutions mo. lalo na sa hindi pagkain ng lunch at salty at sweet na pagkain. ano na lang natira?
Post a Comment