Tuesday, December 25, 2007

for you from me: 2007 last lines

Yours are the only words that could pierce my defenses. They cut so deep that it hurts. And I could only pray that I won’t grow numb and indifferent to you. I wish that you could appreciate what I’m doing. Even for just a bit.

I’m sorry for being such a loser. I know you deserve better. If we could start things all over, I’ll try to act differently this time, if not better. I do miss you.


I’m always thankful for your genuine and heartfelt friendship. I believe what we’ve established will continue to stand the test of time. I know that I owe you a lot for being too hush-hush. I’m sorry but give me time - you don’t know how much I want to let you fully in.

Looking back, it’s funny how we ended up being the closest. I guess, one has to see through the superficial to realize how complementary we are. You know how the song “I Could Not Ask For More” goes?

Next time you’re going to blog, make sure that you give proper credits to the persons who did the actual writing. Better yet, don’t blog at all. Pathetic cow.


Sometimes your mind doesn’t want you to be in love but deep down you know you are. Fear is the real killer of opportunity, success and love. Let go of it. Take the chance. Assume the risks. Loving takes real courage and a willingness to risk heartbreak and failure. Step up and if it doesn’t work, remember that you still have me.

You are just but a faded memory. Funny that we were once inseparable like the ‘m’ in m&m’s. But I guess there comes a time when these things have to end (when one does an act of grave stupidity. repeatedly). We all make mistakes. I learned from mine. I’m not quite sure in your case. Don’t worry, I don’t cry over yesterdays. Well, not this time.

Matthew 7:5. Done? Let me get the strippers.




It was one of the hardest days of my life, when I had to bid you farewell. What we had was fleeting and I hate the idea of letting it all go just like that. But looking back, I had to say that I was worried for nothing because time and distance has not deterred us like it often does to others. I want to believe that what we have is something special. Call me crazy, but I know that deep down you’re nodding.

It feels like my head is a fondue of clichés right now. I’m not so good with words so I’ll use Kelly’s instead - ‘Excuse me for this, I just want a kiss. I just want to know what it feels like to touch something so pure, something I’m so sure of. What it feels like to stand outside your door. I’m unworthy. I can see you’re above me but I can be lovely given the chance’.

It was intoxicating - like the call of chocolate. I didn’t stop till I’ve tasted one and before I know it, I’ve already turned into that German boy who fell into Wonka’s chocolate lake. And only when I was drowning that I realized my error. I didn’t want to but I have to give it up. Thanks for making it a lot easier. And thanks for the sugar rush - only a few people know that I have a sweet tooth.

There are times that I wish that we did not drift apart. Remembering our youth - fun, careless and free, roaming the city via our bicycles, staying up late during holy week, the street-long patintero. I miss them a lot. But then again, maybe we were just destined to grow up separately. I think it was for the better.

I was told that I shouldn’t ask you questions starting with why. That I am not to question your plans. And even if I’m stubborn and impatient at times, I have an immeasurable respect for you. But please, help. Me. Understand.

So do you believe in life after love? And while you ponder on that, I already have a list and ‘You And Me’ is on top. Now to look for someone to dedicate it to.


Magkadugtong na talaga utak natin! Funny, but I have to agree with you on this one. Thanks for the genuine friendship - considering the circumstances of how and where we've first 'met'. And I've decided, you'll always be known to me as B*****boi! Ahahaha!

*******

Got this from her pensieve.

No comments: