Saturday, October 25, 2008

it's britney, bitch!, pt. II

05. GIMME MORE [Blackout]
Nothing but a gratuitous move to score a comeback single and break into the urban market save for the opening line which totally gave Spears her own level of fierceness. Just look at how many times I've used this tag line in my Britney-related posts.

04. BREAK THE ICE [Blackout]
She talks. She breathes heavily. She moans. She does the "hot hot hot hot" which is highly reminiscent of IAS4U. Every thing that she's good at, it's here.




03. ... BABY ONE MORE TIME [... Baby One More Time]
I highly doubt if there's anyone who isn't familiar with Spears' debut single. I remember dismissing her as another one-hit wonder who will use raunchiness as her vehicle to stardom. It isn't far from what she is but at least she's no one-hit wonder no more.

02. I'M A SLAVE 4 U [Britney]
I would be lying if I said that I loved this song as soon as it hit the airwaves. It took me a few playbacks before I fully appreciated the new urban sound of Spears. IAS4U marks her transition from the girl-next-door to a full-blown vixen.


01. TOXIC [In The Zone]
Easily one of the best pop songs in recent music history. The amazing intro, stellar instrumentation and beats and her digitally enhanced vocals form part of what makes Toxic the most sonically interesting track off Spears' discography. One can't help but feel the rush whenever this is played.

5 comments:

. said...

Hehe except for your top 3. Pasok sa top 5 mo yung favorite Britney songs ko. :)

yoshke.com said...

Grabe lang yung pagka-Britney fan mo. hehe.

Mine would be uhm

10. Stronger
9. You Drive Me Crazy
8. Sometimes (WAHAHAHA)
7. Womanizer
6. Piece of Me
5. Born to Make You Happy
4. Me Against the Music
3. Overprotected
2. Do Something
1. Toxic

There ya go.

Anonymous said...

Britney is love.

MakMak said...

@joms: Ahaha. You don't like the classic Britney? BOMT and IAS4U is way better than post-Britney Britney. :P

MakMak said...

@kerwinray: We all know you'd say that. Hah. :P