"I don't care," Megan Joy answered back with an air of indifference as the judges refused to give her a chance to redeem herself. You go, Glenn Coco! You know how every season of American Idol has that week when the contestants sing a song from the year they were born? Well, it's this week's theme.

MATT GIRAUD / Part-Time Lover. It was Giraud's best performance so far. He came out with the cocked hat looking like he's going to pull this off, and he did! The bluesy arrangement, the slick and smooth vocals - God, it was really good! There was a part when he missed that high note but he recovered quickly. But overall, it was "wow". Giraud has the voice that is worth investing on. If this is a singing competition, he'd win by a mile.
ADAM LAMBERT / Mad World. Can someone give him the season's tiara already so he can record a pop-rock album that he always wanted to make? The Lambert hype is becoming so unbearable.
LIL ROUNDS / What's Love Got To Do With It. Big mistake.
DANNY GOKEY / Stand By Me. The song arrangement sounded a bit weird to me. I'm still not getting him. But I have to say it was his weakest performance to date. There's something awkward in him that I can't put a finger on.
SCOTT MACINTYRE / The Search Is Over. Finally. The universe works in mysterious ways.
ANOOP DESAI / True Colors. It was a really good performance for Desai. I honestly expected it to be half bad. It turned out to be rather inviting. When he sings these kind of songs, he shows that he has emotional depth which is lacking in some of the contestants this season.
KRIS ALLEN / All She Wants To Do Is Dance. Kris had fun. Yay! But no more mosh pit performances, please. Song choice aside, I honestly believe it was a flawless performance. It wasn't awesome, but flawless nevertheless. However, being consistently "okay" isn't always a good thing in this competition.
ALLISON IRAHETA / I Can't Make You Love Me. It was interesting to hear her sing I Can't Make You Love Me because normally, this song is covered by people with soulful, mellow voices. The song's strength lies in its words and emotional rawness. Iraheta's edgier and raspier tone gave it a different vibe. Vocal wise, it was good but the feeling just wasn't there. I won't blame it on her age, she just doesn't have it.

THE BEST
MATT GIRAUD / Part-Time Lover. It was Giraud's best performance so far. He came out with the cocked hat looking like he's going to pull this off, and he did! The bluesy arrangement, the slick and smooth vocals - God, it was really good! There was a part when he missed that high note but he recovered quickly. But overall, it was "wow". Giraud has the voice that is worth investing on. If this is a singing competition, he'd win by a mile.
ADAM LAMBERT / Mad World. Can someone give him the season's tiara already so he can record a pop-rock album that he always wanted to make? The Lambert hype is becoming so unbearable.
THE WORST
LIL ROUNDS / What's Love Got To Do With It. Big mistake.
DANNY GOKEY / Stand By Me. The song arrangement sounded a bit weird to me. I'm still not getting him. But I have to say it was his weakest performance to date. There's something awkward in him that I can't put a finger on.
SCOTT MACINTYRE / The Search Is Over. Finally. The universe works in mysterious ways.
THE REST
ANOOP DESAI / True Colors. It was a really good performance for Desai. I honestly expected it to be half bad. It turned out to be rather inviting. When he sings these kind of songs, he shows that he has emotional depth which is lacking in some of the contestants this season.
KRIS ALLEN / All She Wants To Do Is Dance. Kris had fun. Yay! But no more mosh pit performances, please. Song choice aside, I honestly believe it was a flawless performance. It wasn't awesome, but flawless nevertheless. However, being consistently "okay" isn't always a good thing in this competition.
ALLISON IRAHETA / I Can't Make You Love Me. It was interesting to hear her sing I Can't Make You Love Me because normally, this song is covered by people with soulful, mellow voices. The song's strength lies in its words and emotional rawness. Iraheta's edgier and raspier tone gave it a different vibe. Vocal wise, it was good but the feeling just wasn't there. I won't blame it on her age, she just doesn't have it.
8 comments:
di ko nanaman napanood but i *had* to check out allison's performance when i saw na yun yung kinanta niya. i super love this song. nagustuhan ko naman. medyo garalgal lang.
finally scott is gone. i just want anoop to stay at least amongst the top 5. i don't really care na who wins. seems like adam takes the cake hands down. but kristoffer neil should give him tough competition.
so the blind guy is finally gone... si lambert na lang... hehehe
well..
Adam never miss to impress the audience :) weeeee
@nash: Obviously, not everyone. :-)
@:: cb ::: It could've been her moment. Sayang. Feeling ko walang nagtuturo sa kanya kung paano mag-perform.
@solace2009: I've read in some forum that Kris might actually have a chance to be in the final two. I'm crossing my fingers. :-)
It doesn't matter anyway because I've come to terms to the fact that Lambert will win this.
@gillboard: Yup. Haha. The blind guy didn't see that one coming.
Post a Comment