Sunday, September 20, 2009

7 things (revisited)

The girls and I were supposed to do a similar exercise. We were to write down reasons why we like one another. However, as this was originally intended to be a self-actualization examination, I decided to come up with my own list. This will serve as my own little upper, my self-esteem booster when I'm down, a reminder why I am loved.

These are the seven things that I like about myself.

I like that...

01. I am confident, ambitious, persistent and ingenious.
My belief that I am meant for greater things drives me to be the best at what I do. I know what I want, and I will have it, by any legal and ethical means necessary. It may sound cocky but believe when I say that confidence will take you places. It's the best defense and offense one can have.

02. I know how to dress well.
I think I do. I am, by no means, a slouch but I need to shape up. And I'm getting there.

03. I can express myself well.
It's a gift, and I embrace it wholly. Words are at my disposal. I can use them as a soothing balm, or brandish them as weapons. Weapons that can jab and sting and hurt. But why do that when being able to touch other people's lives positively is much more rewarding? Plus, the perks of being heard, priceless.

04. I adore pop culture, and I'm not afraid to admit it.
Let me repeat what I said before - learned men can talk about anything, like Miley Cyrus or Vanessa Hudgens, without the need to feel embarrassed or conscious about it.

05. I love to think that the world revolves around me.
I know that it doesn't but I still love to think that it does. And the fact that things have a habit of falling into place whenever I'm around doesn't help. This is what I get from watching too many sitcoms.

06. I am a really good friend, and my best friends are the best people in the whole world.
I care for them, sometimes, much more than I care for myself. My mom will disagree when I say that it's a good thing, but I will stand by my statement. I have faith in people, and that is never a bad thing.

07. I like that I am imperfect.
Every so often, I make mistakes. I turn left instead of right. I act without thinking thoroughly. But I learn from these. Besides, my flaws keep me grounded. It reminds me that I am human just like everyone else.

So I won't come off vainer than I already am, I narrowed it down to seven. I can come up with a whole lot more but who would want to read fifty narcissistic statements? I certainly wouldn't.

4 comments:

engel said...

being imperfect is what makes us human.

admitting we are human, makes us divine.

i like this post.

ced said...

imperfect angel... hihihi

Anonymous said...

You are special and you need to be careful. :-)

If you are in dire need of comfort, allow me to give you a big hug. Anyway, it's the only thing I (or we) can offer to someone like you.

Cheers! I share it with you! Keep it up!

Anonymous said...

You are special and you need to be extra careful. Cheers!