I'm really not a spontaneous writer. I conceptualize. I pick my words carefully and lay it out one after another to form not just a picture, but a melody as well. It is a cohesion of thoughts that aim to convey a message that are more often than not, esoteric. But let me try this for a change.
In a few months' time, I will be celebrating my birthday. This year, I decided to do throw away things that I no longer need. I've never been one to practice such as I tend to keep things – junk of all kinds, and hold onto them like they're the most precious commodity in the world. But I feel like my life's been a little too cluttered lately so maybe a little clean up here and there to make room for fresh air and what not could probably do me some good.
But before that let me tell you about yesterday's lunch. Per usual, I was with the dearest officemate. She asked where I wanted to eat. I told her I want to try this certain eatery for a change. Concerned, she asked if I was sure given my dental braces. As we were about to walk in, I told her I'll be fine.
"After all, it's just meat that I'll be chewing..." Then I saw an oh so familiar face and during that short span of time in uttering the following word in my statement, I thought to myself – What the heck!!! Universe, seriously?! Come on! Why do you have to do this?! Crossing paths, not funny! I looked around and saw that the only available table is the one adjacent theirs – Again, not funny – I added, before finishing my sentence, "...not steel. But you’re right. Let's go somewhere else. Let's go to Greenbelt."
And that is how "Shit!" happened. On Twitter, anyway. But let me clarify this, I am in no way mad at anyone, not especially at you. I just need distance and time. Distance and time.
Going back to the things that need to be thrown away which is definitely not entirely related to yesterday lunch's story. At the top of the list – people who are full of shit. I am sick and tired and sickly tired of dealing with the likes of you every fucking day of my life, or at the very least, every so often. I don't need you. Any other day, I can and I will tolerate your idiosyncrasies. In spite of this, know I'm always one step ahead of you. Don't use me to further some agenda of yours. Don't say this and then do the other. Don't mess with my head. Today's not a good day, I am telling you. I trust my instinct, which is acutely accurate by the way, so I know what you're doing. I can see right clear like you're bathing in Windex.
Oh, oh, oh.
I can sense another story coming up. This time, it's between two close friends who were having a conversation about birds, with one side trying to defend the birds from the other who was just expressing his genuine concern, albeit with the wrong choice of words, for his friend. The discussion ended up with a temporary fall out because that's what friends do – they talk and argue. They exchange hurtful and helpful truths. They accept valid points, they make up and then they end up with a much stronger foundation. The two settled things soon after for they both know that sometimes, time and further silence kills. But man, it must have been some hell of a bird to stir up such a commotion.
Whew. Free writing is fun. Perhaps, I should do this more often but then again, the last time I did something like this, I ended up hurting someone. But that was intentional.
4 comments:
naka-relate ako. i used to be so o.c. about what i put sa blog ko. haha it's fun to just write freely no?
this was fun. i felt like i was seeing a movie or something. actually, more of trailer kasi ang diverse. haha
your posts lately is like an emotional roller coaster.
but it's nice. we get to know you a little better. =)
You are sick, my friend. Choose better words, better analogies and exercise those personifications better. Lead us the way and make us laugh, that is free writing!
(I beg to disagree of structures that makes anecdotes and essays fun. It only applies for novels, FYI)
@goodboi: Then let's agree to disagree on that.
Structure is important in any form of writing. It distinguishes a writer from someone who merely writes.
Free writing, by the way, is a technique in which someone writes spontaneously given a period of time. It disregards the usual tenets applied to formal composition.
This exercise, my dear friend, is free writing. Every word, every analogy, every personification that I used, they may not be the best for you, but they're the most creative and effective that I could come up with given the restrictions (i.e. time). As you would put it, I finished this in about ten minutes unlike most of prior posts.
I'm sorry to hear if they don't work for you. I don't write to please you, or anyone for that matter. Nevertheless, thank you for the stir up on this otherwise lazy Saturday afternoon.
Also, why would I want to make people laugh when I am highly annoyed, hm?
Post a Comment