It's 5 AM and I still can't sleep, still high from the marathon conversation we have had. All my thoughts were of you, and how our seventeen-year-old selves, for half-a-day, shared thoughts on what it's like to exist before us, laughed at the silliest jokes, sang of the pale moonlight as we looked up at the same night sky, sighed over what ifs and might be's, took comfort in each other's breathing, and cried over tomorrow's uncertainty.
We are not guaranteed of an ever after. I am not guaranteed of anything. These, I know. But these I am sure of - you, this, everything is worth it. For I say we hurt because we love, and we love because we can.
The world won't stop spinning for us, and while we remain, while we still have time let us be in love, let us hurt and be confused and be scared, together. Let's claim this story as ours.
And if at some point in the future, near or otherwise, I find myself still awake, lonesome, at five in the morning with tears half-dried, do not fret. I have no regrets. I'll hold on to what we have until another dawn breaks for you, and I.
*******
You’re everything I dreamed about, and everything I talked about. I am this close to calling you my one great love if not for the fear that sometimes, the greatest loves are the ones that do not last.
8 comments:
Nice. =)
I love how you turned "the bad" into good things mainly because you experienced it with "that special person" and it's all becomes worth it.
i'm hearing somewhere in time reading your post.
you'll have your time mark, maybe with S or with someone else, but you'll be happy. i'm sure of it.
the good thing is at one point, both sides get to meet.
nakaka in love nman :P
What beautiful sentiments.
Engel hears somewhere in time. I hear The Corrs' One Night. Without the hmmhmm angle, of course. But it has the same beauty, same hope and sadness. *like*
@anonymous: It is the right kind of wrong. :)
@engel: Why not make it this time MY time. ;)
@desole boy: Would it be good? You think so?
@soltero: Salamat. Haha. Libre naman ang main-love. ;)
@drew: They are, aren't they? I guess that's how it is when someone makes you feel that way, beautiful. O-ha!
@citybuoy: I like your comment a lot cos I really, really love One Night. It's one of those songs that you can call "pretty" (like Mariah's My All and well, I can't think of anything else right now).
I read the entry and I guess, yeah. It does have the One Night feel to it. Thanks, Nyl.
Perhaps it's what my subconscious yearns for. :P
Post a Comment