Monday, May 5, 2008

downpour

I'm gonna smile because I deserve to.
- Leona Lewis, Better In Time


*******

When I let go, I choose to let go of everything.

Clinging on even to the tiniest bit of the past will only hold a person back from facing reality, and more importantly, facing his or her future. It is a good thing though that people, unlike memories, can drift apart immediately. It saves us the hassle of bidding farewells.

*******

I believe that every soul has a proper place, that our fate is somewhat predetermined and that there is almost nothing we can do to change its course. What is frustrating is that most of the time, we get stuck in a situation that is completely out of our grasp.

And should the situation go haywire, people often sugarcoat the failure. However, by doing so, we tend to overlook the probable good that might come out from that circumstance.

Not all things can turn out the way we want them. But it's really up to the person how he would perceive and accept such incidents into his life.

*******

The past years have taught me that life is not fair and it is somewhat one-sided; and if life is a journey then pain and loss are its inevitable pit stops.

I am not bitter rather, I just want to show that everyone has to feel the storm to appreciate the sunshine. Let us conquer our past by creating a perfect future, or whatever passes for perfection.

It maybe a cliche but I still believe that after every storm, eventually, a rainbow appears.

*******

Words can never bring me down. It never did and it never will.

4 comments:

N said...

letting go is the hardest thing to do. it needs a lot of courage and determination. but once you crossed over that phase, it all gets better and better.

wanted to say something to you here but I bet you won't allow it. already texted you kuya. :)cheeseburger ko ha. :)

MakMak said...

@white: Aw. Opo, thanks Kuya Whyt! ^^ Kaw kaya ang dapat mag-treat ng cheeseburger - gusto ko Wendy's, yung #2 meal na walang lettuce at tomato.

By the way, I do agree with your first statement.

Anonymous said...

hmmm... someone's putting you down kuya? sino yan? awayin ko? =]

just don't be affected by them, sino ba sila. they don't help you grow as a person kaya hayaan mo na lng. shake em off!

ingats ka plagi and may baby bro ka dito=]

MakMak said...

@cedeux: Aw. Sweet. Lol. Ingat's lang? Ahahaha.

Thanks doc.