Wednesday, May 14, 2008

m'day: for the boys

I got dragged by PaulPaul to join them for dinner at the Food Odyssey in LKG Tower. Dinner huh. More like another inuman if you ask me.

I just wanted to drop by the office to know the latest on the Manolito scandal. According to my sources, Manolito had caused a scene earlier, raising questions, altogether with his voice, fingers and eyebrows at each of my ex-colleagues. Too bad that I missed it. I bet it was hilarious. Though I think he'll say otherwise, "It's not pani".

Anyway, so yeah, I got dragged by PaulPaul. It was raining so we decided to stay indoors. The band was already setting up their gears. I thought that we were going to have a great musical Friday night. I was wrong. The MYMP semblance should have tipped me off. Bleeding eardrums, anyone?

Over a bucket of beer, red iced tea and some finger food we whined about work, aspired for better careers, debated on the morals of love and commitment, mocked Manolito, cheered for our friendship and celebrated life. And then Jay ordered for another round of drinks. And this time, I cannot say no to the bottle they handed.

It was past ten when we decided to call it a day. While on the elevator, I realized that this was probably our last get-together until say, the planned Singapore getaway in 080808. It saddened me for a moment but then again, I'm not much into the whole out-of-sight, out-of-mind principle.

Our lives have crossed because we were meant to learn something from this meeting. And if by chance that the time comes when we have to part ways, it's okay as each of us have already imprinted a mark in one another's memory. That's already a lifetime of companionship if you ask me.

KC and I were about to walk towards Greenbelt when PaulPaul called out and ran following us and said, "Mak, text ko sa'yo kung sino yung girlfriend ko ha."

"Eh. Wag na. Mawawala yung suspense. Sabay-sabay na lang kami." I replied smiling.

"Ayaw. E-mail ko na lang sa'yo bago ka umalis." He said as he nodded goodbye and ran back to Jay and Yen.

No comments: