Thursday, October 2, 2008

my only wish (this year)

Dear Santa Claus,

Hope you're having a good day!

I'm MakMak and I live in the great city of Makati. Of course that's in the Philippines, but I'll bet that you knew that!

This year I've been so good that I deserve another halo on top of the one that I already have. Pardon me if I won't be listing down the good deeds that I've done. It's not like I keep track of such trivialities. It's tacky to do that.

Anyway, just trust my word that I've been of my best behavior this year. In fact, I know I've been so good that I'm confident that you'll give me the gifts that I have accrued since I was fourteen. That was when you stopped giving me gifts through my mom or my aunt. I remember asking for a horse. And I know you saw how distraught I was when I didn't get that present the morning after. I was scarred for life. But it never stopped me from believing in you anyway.

I decided to send in my letter early to give you ample time to go through my list. I wouldn't want you using the lack of time, nor the impossibility of my wishes as reasons for the absence of presents underneath our tree this year. It's not as extensive as it looks because I've taken the liberty to cut it down to my most basic necessities. They're arranged based on importance, first being the most and last being the of utmost uber-importance.

1997. A Siberian Husky. I already have a name in mind.

1998. Toys! Haha. I want a new set of Lego, Taboo, a Nintendo DS (I want one in red) and a Nintendo Wii.

1999. The Complete set of the following novels: Gossip Girl, Harry Potter (hardbound edition), Stephen King's The Dark Tower. Also, I want a copy of the Never-Ending Story book - the one with the snake insignia on its cover. And while we're on the subject of books, you might want to add all the comic books on my pull list that I have failed to buy these past few months. I haven't been to Filbar's for the longest time because I've been busy (read: I'm cutting down on my expenses). Just ask Ate Ana of Greenbelt 1 branch for my stack. She'll gladly assist you.

2000. For Britney's "Circus" to be a legit hit. I want her to score a comeback ala Mimi's "Emancipation". And speaking of Mimi, I also wish that she gets four more #1 singles until 2010. This will guarantee her being the Artist Of The Decade again. I wish that Amy Winehouse would stop using crack. And finally, more good music from Lifehouse, Carrie Underwood, Jesse McCartney, Westlife, JoJo, Jon McLaughlin, LeAnn Rimes and The Corrs.

2001. The willpower to pursue my workout routine and diet. I don't want to wish to have a good body in a fingersnap. I want to earn it. Haha.

2002. I wish for the recovery of the US market as soon as possible. And I want Obama to win.

2003. Power/s! Flight, telepathy, telekinesis, teleportation, or Piper Halliwell's powers (she's the middle sister in Charmed) - any will do. Just think of the exponential increase in the number of good deeds that I can do.

2004. For everyone to learn tolerance and acceptance.

2005. An all-expense paid month-long vacation to the United States. I badly miss New York. And of course, I would love to visit my friends in California (somebody already promised to give me a tour of Los Angeles hahaha), my relatives in Chicago and Las Vegas, and Colorado. But if it's too expensive, I can settle for a two-week stay in Greece.

2006. For this crush to go away. Or blossom. Haha. Seriously. (I'm sure you knew how much I wanted to write 'pag-ibig' at 'pag-unawa' at the risk of sounding cheesy. And pathetic.)

2007. $10 Million. Haha. I can buy a lot of things, including true love with that. LOL.

2008. Good health, sucessful careers and a prosperous life to my family and friends. I love them dearly! Aw. I wish to be able to spend more quality time with every single one of them.

There you go! =) I know that you won't have a hard time with my list. They're pretty simple, yes? I don't want anything else this year except those mentioned.

I swear, that I'd be extra, extra, extra good if I get them this Christmas Santa. =)

Thank you so much and I asked my mom to leave hot pan de sal for you by the door because we don't have a chimney.

XOXO,


MakMak


POSTSCRIPT. You might probably receive the same letter for the next eleven weeks. It's not spam. I decided that it's probably better to send multiple copies to avoid you missing out on me.

12 comments:

lazy john said...

hmmm anu yan 2008 gifts in one night?? hahaha uber bait mo naman niyan mak hahaha;p

Rio said...

mak, pwede bang paki sabi kay santa na paki doble yung $10M mo.bibili din din kasi ako ng true love e..
nga pala, alam mo ba kung saang store my nabibili ang true love, parang nalibot ko na buong SM kaso hindi pa ako nakakakita?? lol

inadd na kita sa link ko..bawal ka ng kumontra.hindi na kasi yun nabubura..hehe

MakMak said...

@lazyjohn: Ahaha. Anukaba?! 2008, year yun. :P Sobra ka naman, yun ngang 12 gifts hirap na hirap ako eh, dalawang libo at walo pa? Naman!

MakMak said...

@rio: Ahaha sure, sure kaso may kaltas na yun ha. Service charge kasi pinadaan mo saken. Hahaha.

Naku, wag ka sa SM maghanap. Sa mga tabi-tabi, kanto-kanto lang makikita yun. Hahaha. Joke. :P

Thanks po pala sa pag-add. :)

lazy john said...

hahaha xenxa na nagulo lang ako kasi nakalipas na ang mga taon na yun yet you're still asking gifts for that year hahaha... at kakagaling ko lang sa tabitabi at kantokanto kaso ala akong nakitang bentang true love... hahaha

MakMak said...

@lazy john: Hahaha. Kasi hindi ako nakahingi ng gifts nung mga previous na taon so babawi ako this year.

Hmmm... Sang tabi ba at kanto pinuntahan mo? Baka out of stock lang. Hahaha. Try mo ulit next time baka meron na sila.

† Yods† said...

uhmm, hindi na ako magwiwish kay santa kasi por sur hindi ako pakikinggan nun. hihingin ko na lang yung isang halo na ibibigay sa yo at aasa na lang ako na kasama ako doon sa pinahuli sa listahan mo para maambunan naman ako ng grasya. ahaha

at bakit may bentahan ng true love dito? lolz

lazy john said...

hahaha mukhang rare commodity na nga ngayon ang true love (nagdrama) hahaha

Anonymous said...

Hahaha, I already have the complete Dark Tower series, Santa gave me that already. :)

MakMak said...

@yods: Akala ko pa naman na wala kang typo for the very first time, pero meron pa rin! Ahahaha...

"Pinakahuli"

LOL. Peace! :P

Ahaha. Uu, medyo maraming naghahanap ng true love ngayon dahil Pasko. Hahaha.

MakMak said...

@lazy john: Oo. The supply-and-demand model states that a market tends toward equilibrium price and quantity of an item at the intersection of consumer demand and producer supply. If the price for a good is below equilibrium, consumers demand more of the good than producers are prepared to supply. Therefore a shortage occurs.

Okay ba? Hahaha.

MakMak said...

@thesunbakedking: Waaa! Buti ka pa! Hahaha. Lakas ka ata kay Santa. Hmm... favor naman, sama mo naman yung mga hiling ko kapag susulat ka sa kanya this year. :)