WOMANIZERBritney Spears
Circus
Rating: A
Blackout was the critically-acclaimed comeback project that failed to put Britney Spears back on pop music's radar. Let's face it, bad publicity is bad. Look at Mariah Carey's Glitter (the soundtrack), any reasonable listener would agree that a majority (if not all) of its tracks are beyond superb and yet it flopped in terms of commercial success because of the dismal reception of the accompanying movie. And of course, 9/11. And J.Lo. Similarly, the Pop Princess' previous effort suffered the same fate sans movie because of all the negative hype which ultimately led to minimal, if not zero, marketing and promotion.
But enough of the past, Spears has just released the lead single off her much-anticipated second comeback record Circus. Womanizer is a fusion of the electronic sound of Blackout (pick a track, any track) and pop which she has skillfully perfected. The single never goes beyond name calling and accusing some poor bastard of being a womanizer, a woma-womanizer. Lyrical depth has never been Spears' forte so there is minimal expectation in this area. But when we talk about hard-pounding back beats and a hook that will certainly get stuck in your head for ages (Boy, don't try to front I-I know just-just what you are-a-are), Spears has it all pinned down on her new track. And at this age when synths sell, Womanizer is bound to be a massive hit.
And now that it has jumped 95 places in the Billboard Hot 100 to reach the number one slot, her second after ...Baby One More Time (see how unfair life is, Rihanna, a third-rate Britney, has five), Womanizer just gave her the right to say "It's Britney, bitch!" once more. And this time, she can utter it with unrivaled fierceness.
*******
Lollipop, you must mistake me for a sucker to think that I, would be a victim, not another. Say you're playing how you want it but no way I'm never gonna fall for you, never you, baby.
6 comments:
I need to listen to the remix before I could appreciate the song. Maka-Break the Ice pa rin ako. Hehehe.
It takes getting used to, and in my case, it took 2 playbacks. Haha. I think I like "Ooh Ooh Baby" [Blackout] better because it has a smoother melody, a catchier tune, and less use of synths, but Britney feels more alive with "Womanizer." And it has one hell of a catchy chorus.
Never mind the comparisons, though. Britney's back, bitches! :P
Boy, don't try to front I-I know just-just what you are-a-are
@mugen: The raw track itself is already a good dance floor song. :) Can't wait for the remixes too.
@thesunbakedking: Ooh... I <3 Ooh Ooh Baby as well. It's my fave track off Blackout.
At siyempre, nasabi ko na yan sa'yo. Hahaha.
@odin hood: Ehehe Kumakanta ka ba?
Post a Comment