Thursday, October 16, 2008

paparapapa

I remember one morning when you pulled a chair towards my station where you sat and wept. I asked you what happened and you told me that you were having problems with your fiance. You said that you're tired of him being so overly jealous, and that you're not sure if he still loves you. You're scared that maybe you're wasting precious years on someone whom you might not end up with. You're terrified that your dreams of white picket fences and a family of four with him, in California, is slipping away.

That was seven months ago.

Whoever thought that on Saturday you'll be flying to the States? And a week from then, you'll have the wedding you've always dreamed of.

That's what I admire about you. You never gave up. Your faith endured all the tribulations that came your way and look what it got you - a one-way ticket to California, a green card and a husband to boot. Man, I'd be uber delighted to get at least one of those three.

But seriously, I could never be more happy for you. Actually I can and will be if you agree to let me stay at your place should my plans of visiting the West Coast next year push through. So whatever I said the other night, just forget about it. We'll never not see each other again. So no, I won't miss you (but I'll certainly miss your chichacorn pasalubong). I won't even say goodbye. But you already know that.

What you don't know though is that I've been asking MB and Jean how we've become close. I'm really sorry but I can't remember, and neither can they. It must have happened during the period of time which I decided to selectively erase from everyone's mind.

In any case, it doesn't matter. I'd like to think that what doesn't begin, doesn't end.

Sweet? I know. You'll miss it.

Have a safe flight JasmineTrio, and see you.

*******

POSTSCRIPT. May 2007. I was dealing with some personal stuff that I couldn't exactly share with you. All I needed was for someone to listen. You did more, you told me this:
"You know what, I really look up to you in terms of how you carry yourself even back then. I hardly appreciate people so you're like the second person I've put up in a pedestal. The first one was a friend back in High School. I hope that I could be as great as you."
Thank you so much. It has been a constant source of strength ever since.

And you don't have to hope for greatness, you already have it.

2 comments:

atto aryo said...

I thought I read Jasmine Trias.. he he. Lucky her. Life never really stops giving out surprises. Sana nga lang, lahat mabigyan ng chance maging masaya. (ayan, me nag senti tuloy, bwehehehe)

MakMak said...

@r-yo: Ahaha. I know. We've waited for that moment for three long years. Finally, nasa Cali na siya ngayon. :)

Hmm... Not everyone will have the same opportunity like hers pero kanya-kanya lang naman yan. :)