Wednesday, October 29, 2008

sharky sharky

I love dolphins!

Aside from bunnies and unicorns, they're my favorite animals. I think they're amazing creatures. Not only are they naturally adorable creatures but they are smart too. I would like to think that they are sometimes smarter than some humans. Case in point, dolphins are known to rescue humans from many perilous situations unlike some people who tend to not even give a damn about their fellowmen. Also, dolphins have a personality unlike sharks. And when you swim with them, you'd go "OMG! Dolphins! Hihi" and not "OMG! A shaaaark! OMG! OMG! OMG!".

Anyway, I recall telling JP how the Makati Commercial Center looked like during the early 90s. Sadly, I can't seem to find any good personal picture of it save for the one I found online.

Makati Commercial Center was more spacious with Greenbelt being literally green, and Glorietta being the then-popular Quad - a small theater house located at the far end of the mall strip which stands along the length of Landmark to SM Shoemart. The middle ground used to have this wide open field where they would host concerts, carnivals and similar shows. That's where I remember watching a dolphin show with my mom when I was younger. I remember being ecstatic but that's about it.

And after a couple of years, I get to watch another show. But this time, it was in Baltimore.





2 comments:

N said...

i like dolphins too. just saw a couple once and i don't remember now where. basta, nakakita na ako...yun lang alam ko...besides from the movie Free Willy. i would also be ecstatic if i could touch them...

and yes, dolphins are sometimes more sensible than humans, not really more intelligent than us, but more sensible...i think they use more of their common sense...:)

MakMak said...

@white: Sa Free Willy, dolphin yung star dun diba? Baka yun po nakita niyo. Hehe.

I like dolphins. I want one for Christmas.