Thursday, September 3, 2009

fearless

I came upon a new blog a few weeks ago. The last entry posted caught my interest. I'm a sucker for well-written and insightful reads. Hence, I skimmed through its archive hoping to find similar works. It didn't take long though as the blog was relatively new, which I have mentioned three sentences ago.

Anyway, I found another one that drew my attention. It was his opening entry, his introduction. Apparently, the site was created by a seasoned blogger. It was meant to be his avenue for a more uninhibited storytelling.

His words, his thoughts were very familiar as I found myself in exactly the same position since two months ago. Until recently, I have felt so detached from my craft. I was thinking that a do over might help. A fresh start. A new blog. A new identity. I have thought long and hard, weighed things, and then I read his entry. It reminded me why this blog exists.

One Minute Before Dawn was born out of the need to express the truth. My truth. When I started this blog, I promised never to hide what I really feel. Not in real life and especially, not in here.

The reason why I can't seem to post anything decent lately is the fact that I don't want to write about things that I really, really need to write about.

Words that might hurt other people.

Thoughts that might be taken wrongly.

Ideas that might make other people judge me.

Therefore, I end up with nothing to tackle.

Fear has always been the biggest hindrance to all the good things in life.

I have learned to conquer mine, and I don't know how it gets any better than this.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

visit ka sa blog ko if ever you decide to create another one.

gillboard said...

nagbabalak ka ba na magblog hiatus din?

Turismoboi said...

anong mga linkz nun?

Yodi Insigne said...

blogging is about conquering our fears and telling truths.
I'll be back for more of your fearless thoughts..