Saturday, April 5, 2008

lyk / luv

I was cleaning my portable hard drive to make room for the work-related templates I'll be copying this afternoon from my office desktop when I found a soft copy of the first letter I wrote to Daine.

I know I should just keep this private but I'm just amused at the honesty that my statements project back then. Daine and I had a petty misunderstanding the night before I wrote this down (although he did ask for a reason why I like him). And it turned out to be therapeutic on my part, being able to express what I genuinely feel.

It was quite lengthy so I edited a few unimportant parts (those that don't make sense).
I like how you agreed to go out with me just like that. I'm not usually one to ask for a date but I took a chance. Guess it worked. Though I like it better when you agreed to go out with me the second time.

I like your cologne. It’s so intoxicating. I'll remember you by that scent.

I like how you let loose when we’re playing Dance Maniax. That’s why I won’t win against you. Ever.

I like how you introduced me to “Happy Together”. I like how we try to beat the high score. And fail.

I like how people stare at you, makes me glad you’re with me. Lol.

I like how you love playing video games. At least I found somebody to play with. And somebody worth challenging.

I like how you lean to my side when we watch movies. Especially when you cover your eyes when you’re scared.

I like hearing you laugh like how you did when we watched “Blades Of Glory”.

I like how you use “e” in words like “sabe” or “nakaen” in your text messages. I find it cute.

I like your eyes. They’re so pretty. It's a nice contrast to your stubble which makes you look rugged.

I like how you love chicken. That’s something we won’t argue about.

And I like that we never argued. Ever. Not until now, and it makes me feel bad.

Anyway, I like how you made me eat sisig. You're the only person whom I allowed to be bullied to take something I don't normally eat.

I like how you keep up with my silence and not feel awkward.

I like that I know that I’ll get a reply when I text you. Even if it takes five, ten minutes to an hour. Kidding.

I like how I beat you in Tekken. Hah!

I like how I try to finish Resident Evil 4 just to get your prize.

I like that we’ve set our dates on every Saturday of the calendar. Lol. Gives me something to look forward to on those dragging weekdays.

I like how you sound on the phone (though I know I sound a lot better ^^). Even if we’ve only talked twice. Briefly.

I like how you’ve been honest enough to admit that you’re not yet ready and that you still haven’t moved on.

I like how you’ve accepted me.

I like it when I have to walk you to the bus terminal. I’d walk you home if you’d let me. I love spending time with you.

I like how you seem so mysterious, makes me want to know you more.

I like how you’ve changed me though you don’t know how much.

I like that you’ve made me happy. And I like how I try to make you happy too. And I'm wondering why I love doing that.

I like how writing this made me at ease, and feel slightly better. Because I would like to remember you in a good way.

I can go on but it just boils down to the fact that I really like you. I just needed to tell you all these. Remember, you did ask me to be specific, as detailed as possible, right?

Lastly, I would love to talk to you again.

And I would love to see you still on all the Saturdays on the calendar.
It turns out that not only was I being totally honest but more importantly, I was also opening myself up to another person. I guess that's just how it is - vulnerability comes alongside that thing called love. It is quite scary. But it's all worth the experience. And I'm looking forward to doing it all over again because I now know that I am capable of loving.

Now, being loved is a totally different, unfamiliar thing. ^^

4 comments:

blackdarkheart said...

mak seryoso ako sa panliligaw sa yo kahit di ko alam kung panu gawin yun. di ko lang sure kong panu sisimulan. hehe

and to put it lightly(para di pathetic na usual kong persona), I want to know you more.
pero, pangilan ba ako sa mga nakapila para ligawan ka?

odin hood said...

hanggang ngayon tinatanong ko parin sarili ko, bakit ko ba siya gusto/mahal?! ano ba nakita ko sa kanya?!? haaaaay isang buwan na kami di ko pa rin masagot ang tanong.

MakMak said...

@blackdarkheart: Ayan nag-usap na tayo kanina ah. ^^ Pang-ilan ka jan...

MakMak said...

@red riding odin hood: Ganyan talaga po ang pag-ibig ata. Magulo. Hindi maipaliwanag. Basta nararamdaman mo na lang, sapat na yun.

I wish you well. ^^ Kaya mo yan kuya.