"Nah." I replied as I played the seventh episode of the series' second season. "Nuod tayo, Ma."
Why spend a perfect Saturday afternoon in a place that constantly reminds me the need to fit in when I could be cozy and comfortable at home, laugh our asses while watching WAG, be myself and bond with my dearest mother.
GRACE: Ok, here's the Thanksgiving menu so far: apple pie, pumpkin pie, blueberry tart, and ice-cream roll. What am I missing? Cake! We need cake.I've never been a fan of Hallmark holidays. But on this occasion, I am reminded that I should be more expressive in showing my appreciation for my mom. I couldn't have asked for a better mother.
WILL: Did you take a bong hit before you wrote that?
JACK: Hear ye, hear ye. The holiday shopping season has just begun. Here are your lists. I suggest you surprise me with the things that are in bold.
WILL: Oh, yeah. Speaking of surprises, we're gonna have a special guest for dinner tomorrow.
JACK: Is this where you guys try to be funny and tell me that Cher is coming? Well, it's not gonna work this time, ok? But is she?
GRACE: Come on, Jack. Cher hasn't eaten since the seventies.
WILL: Give you a little hint. It's someone that you love, but you don't get to see her very often.
JACK: Ok, I'm thinking Liza, but go on.
WILL: And she gave birth to you.
JACK: Ok...
WILL: It's your
mom, genius.
JACK: My mo--! How could y--! You're-- rotten!
Jack runs from the apartment to the elevator and presses the button.
JACK: Come on, come on, come on.
Will and Grace run after him.
WILL: Hey, woman on the verge. What's going on?
JACK: Will, I don't have the same relationship with my mother as you do with yours.
GRACE: You never picked out her brassieres?
WILL: We don't need that, thank you. Jack, she called here looking for you and only mentioned like 30 times that she had no plans. I thought I was doing a good thing.
JACK: The woman is a monster, and you clearly did this to torture me.
WILL: I did not! That was just an unexpected bonus, really. Where are you going?
JACK: I'm going to go uninvite her. Damn you, Otis! I'm taking the stairs!
WILL: Jack!
Jack runs down the hall.
WILL: What was that?
GRACE: I know. I don't think I've seen him this upset since they hired a female urologist at the free clinic.
We may have petty misunderstandings every now and then...
GRACE: Hmmm. Well, you've come on a good night. Jack's mother is going to be joining us, and she doesn't know Jack's gay.... but I know that in the end, it's in her arms that I'll always come back to.
KAREN: How could she not know? What is she, headless?
2 comments:
i like the last conversation between Grace and Karen.
Kung si Ate Vi pa....'Mother KNOW best!' ;)
@white: Yep. I like that part too. Actually, I like all their dialogues. Very witty. ^^
Post a Comment