Tuesday, May 13, 2008

m'day: the girls from ues

"May asim ka pa pala Eleanor." Jela said as the four of us tried to supress our laughter. A chinito water had just asked for her number saying that his colleague was smitten by her. Talk about being indiscreet.

"Ma'am pwede po bang makuha yung number niyo? Nagandahan kasi sa inyo yung kasamahan ko pero nahihiya lang lumapit." He said while handing a pen and a piece of paper to Eleanor.

I almost choked on the choco-lava cake that I'm munching on when I heard him. I want to tell him off with the line, "can't you see that she's already pregnant".

Good thing Eleanor politely declined. With that, the cute guy left. Sad.

A few seconds later, an older waiter came asking if Eleanor had another card as her Citibank was declined. Weird.

We've been doing this for the past three years - hanging out, having dinner get-togethers, COCs (chismis over coffee), doing karaoke and other whatnots - and whenever we're short of cash, we use our cards (we have a tendency to really splurge). Whomever has an available balance that is. And this is the first time that a card of ours has not been honored.

Must be a technical error. Or something.

In any case, I don't mean to mock the cute waiter but that incident gave us something fun to remember that night.

I probably won't be coming back to Cyma, even if their tap water tastes so damn good. I don't find their food worth the steep prices they charge. Good thing that it was the girls' treat. But with the cost, effort and time I spent for the new outfit I had for that occasion, I'd say it was just a break-even.

Next time, I'll just have to suggest that we stick to our usual resto - National Sports Grill or Chili's, or just settle with a coffee at Starbucks, Greenbelt 1.

Those are the places that we came to declare as our home in the midst of this busy city. And the girls, they're like a mix of the older and younger, mean yet nice sisters that I never had. Together, I feel like we're untouchable.

2 comments:

JM said...

next time, give the waiter a different number. para hindi mapahiya. hehe

i remembered this also happened to me and a friend of mine. my friend gave the number na hindi na niya ginagamit. hehe

MakMak said...

@jm: He'd feel worse if he finds out that we gave him a fake number or something di ba? And hindi na talaga kami makakabalik dun sa resto in case. :)

Polite naman yung pagkaka-reject ng friend ko kaya oks lang. Actually, si waiter nga ung medyo unprofessional eh. Hehehe.