It is a general consensus that being a kid is indeed, so much easier. Aside from the fact that all their needs are taken care of, there are only three main things that are required from children - they have to please their parents, do well in school, and be happy about themselves. And these responsibilities are actually more simple than they sound.
Back then, when I want a new toy all I have to do is point at it. If my mom refuses, it's time for plan b - I throw a fit. Works every time. Right now, whenever I see something that I like, I have to answer a multitude of questions like "do I have enough money for that", "do I really need that", "can I find something similar but at a lower cost", before I buy it. Okay, so I really don't do that but that's how it should be. There lies the difference.
It is true however that a lot of perks come with adulthood like being able to earn your own money; well mostly that, as everything else will follow once you get the cash rolling in. But just thinking of spending the better part of the day in the office cubicle crunching numbers or doing conference calls with the sales people, all day, every day, and going home way late drained and lifeless makes me want to trade it all off for a carefree life.
Seeing children makes me wonder what it would be like if I can start my life all over and experience the magic that is being a kid. I'm really longing for the innocence and faith that adulthood forcibly took from me.
Aboard the Metro on the way to Potomac Mills, Virginia.
A lazy Sunday at the Rio Lakeside commercial center.
Memorial Day at Washington, D.C.
McDonald's Best Buy, Germantown, Maryland.
At the Statue of Liberty grounds.
National Aquarium, Baltimore, Maryland.*******
"Being A Kid Is So Much Easier..." is the name of Karen's personal blog which doubles as her stress ball. You know that squeezy thingy? It is called a stress ball, right? Anyway, it chronicles her thoughts on life, family, friends, work and recently, washrooms. Very good stuff.
16 comments:
nice shots. kids? now don't get me started.... :-)
that's why being a teacher is such a good job you get all the breaks the kids get!
but for everyone else it can be a drag. i think it's all about finding out what you love doing and doing it, so you can never get bored.
hmmmm. naalala ko nung bata ako.
we were never allowed to pinpoint any toy kapag umaalis at bawal din magwala. haha.
pero i think maganda naman nagawa samin nun. at tama ka kuya, ngayon iisipin mo if you really really need a thing kung nagshashopping or kahit grocery. hehe
pero di nawawala yung gift para sa sarili for a job well done mapaschool or work=]
i'm buying aqva this week! yey!
LOL! Thanks for the mention =)
Yeah, I loved being a kid just because the world....life... just seemed so much simpler back then. I loved that everything seemed so good and grand and that there were so many things to look forward to. I loved that there was less to worry about, there was practically zero stress and there were so many fun things to do.
It's true that there are perks to being an adult.. you get to enjoy the money you earn, you have more accomplishments, you get more privileges, etc..
We gain some, we lose some as we grow up ika nga. We lose our "care-freeness" (if there's such a word) but we get privileges in return.
P.S. I think I'm going to expand more in a post in my blog.. LOL
in a way, i missed my childhood after reading this post... nice articulation dude and the pix, heart melting!!!
@r-yo: Thanks! ^^,
Yaw mo sa mga kids? Lol. Ako ok lang wag lang silang iiyak. Hehe.
@cobe: Yeah, teaching is a very good profession. If only it pays well I would have considered it. ^^,
And yep, in the end, it's all about being passionate in whatever you do.
@my-so-called-quest: I guess I'm just lucky because I have many Titas and Titos to make turo. Lol.
Joke. ^^, Isipin spoiled brat ako. Hehehe.
Nako wag mong gamitin yan pag magkasama tayo. Magiging magka-amoy tayo. Lol.
@karen: That's the least I can do for borrowing your line. :P
The zero stress part is the thing I love most about being a kid. Everything else just follows when you have nothing to worry about. Adulthood... meh... No wonder some people refuse to grow up.
Anyway, great... looking forward to reading your thoughts on this. ^^,
@wanderingcommuter: Uy, thanks, thanks at thanks sa tatlong points na namention mo. ^^,
hmnnn...just watch out for my reaction-post. hehe
Being a kid really is so much easier. Probably because back then we were still sheltered from some of the harsh realities of life. Life is fun when you are older, I very much agree with that, but sometimes it's also too stressful. That's when we wish we're still kids. Plus, we really had fun when we were kids, di ba? :D
Hmmm... you gave me an idea for a post... hehehe..
@white: Opo sige kuya, hintayin ko yung isusulat mo. ^^,
@jen: Being an adult is just too complex for it to be "really" fun. Like I said, I'm really longing for that simple life right now. =(
Sige, I'll look forward rin sa ipo-post mo. Natuwa naman ako at maraming na-move sa post kong to. Ehehehe. :P
Para na siyang meme.
i miss being a kid!
@odin hood: Well you can just imagine how much more I miss being one considering I'm slightly older than you. Ehehehe. ^^,
Post a Comment